tight fit

Participant count
  • Participant list

rambassmachine
10+ year member

i need some help making some decisions for my next set up. i have always gone with multiple driver set ups, but now im ready for one big bad sub, problem is, i have a single cab truck, so mounting depth is an issue. the demensions of the area i have to work with are as follows:

at floor level there it is 11.5 inches deep

at 13 inches high there is 8 inches of depth

at 1 ft 9 inches there is 4.5 inches of depth

the max heigth i want the box to be is 1ft 9 inches

the total width the box can be is 5 feet

also towards the middle the center flip consol of the bench seat takes up a little of the mounting depth, so 1 ft 11 inches from each side the depth drops to 6 inches at 1 foot - 1ft 5 inches high then returns to normal.

that being said, i want t go ported with whatever sub i go with. the power i will have will be 1100 watts (2 power fosgate 551s's). should i go with a 10 or 12 for SQ.

now for the big question, what sub to go with. i was thinking w7, XXX (IF i have the power), HC, or anything else someone comes up with, but i need help figuring out WHAT WILL FIT? i am open to new ideas, thanks a ton.

T

I have two tweleves in a single cab truck myself. With the dimensions you gave a 10 or twelve L7 will fit. The cool thing about the L7's are the cone design, they are very rigged so the sq is the same but the 12 is louder. They are rated at 1500 watts max each. Plus the square design gives you 30 sq. inches more surface area than a standard twelve. If you go with 1 12L7 ported, this box dimension will work and give you 2.7 cuft.

3/4 " MDF

50 " wide outside dim.

15" tall outside dim.

11" deep/bottom outside dim

6" deep/top outside dim. You can adjust this dim. accordingly if you want to get closer to 3 cuft.

I have a single 10" SE right now in a 1.5 cube ported box tuned to 35 hz. I am going to switch to a seXXX, which can take that power nicely. Here is my box, it's pretty much kinda like the dimensions you are working with.

448820_6_full.jpg

tommy, i like the box, but where is the port, i didnt see it.

also, i currently have 2 12w3s in my truck, and its plenty loud (for me), but i really want one bada$$ sub that can take a ton of power and produce clean clean bass, not really interested in another 2 sub set up.

any other ideas on a set up or box design? thanks

Oops, sorry. Forgot to tell ya that is a pic before i ported it. Oh, and if you wanna go one sub and dont have alot of room, i'd try the seXXX. I hear it gets crazy loud and i know it isn't that big.

BTW, the port is about where the left end of my amp is, coming out the top of the box.

o ok thanks, and nice truck BTW (checked out the cardomain page). i dont know much about the sexxx, but i have heard they do get very loud, but will they be good for a daily driver and have good sq. also what are the sexxx's demensions and stuff. thanks

o ok thanks, and nice truck BTW (checked out the cardomain page). i dont know much about the sexxx, but i have heard they do get very loud, but will they be good for a daily driver and have good sq. also what are the sexxx's demensions and stuff. thanks
Thank you. As for the seXXX, they do get loud, but do sacrifice some sound quality. It can depend on the enclosure though. The seXXX's dimensions is the same as the SE. Go to http://www.respl.com, tech, misc info(i believe) and you can get the dimensions of the SE/seXXX.

since the sexxx isnt on the site, where do i go to get one and how much are they? would this be a better choice than a HC, remember it will only have 1100rms goin to it......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.