thump when changing station

monkeyman
10+ year member

hello guys i was wondering if you can help me with a problem i am encountering with my sound setup ...everytime i change the station on my radio the bass will thump real loud or when i change from FM to CD it will thump it does the same sound when i shut off the ignition switch on the car big thumb!

when i had the "thump" problem on my old pioneer 6800mp it happend with the radio and between tracks on cds and ****.... it ended up being a grounding issue, so u might try to find that tutorial about how to ground ure rcas. cuz im betting that is more than likley the problem.... just my 2 cents

its a pioneer DEH-P3900MP , dont know what year it came out in but as i was saying i tried grounding the RCA's on the stereos chasis and the fuse on my amp would blow ......is that fishy or what

for some reason I'm thinking its an rca out in your stereo. When a rca goes out, and you have subs it tends to make this thumping noise.
the newer pioneers have this problem if you don't ground them correctly. I have/had the same problem. I grounded the RCA's off the chassis. Problem went away.

PS i got the loud pop when i changed stations, skipped tracks and turned the volume all the way down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.