2005 jeep liberty deck install

Participant count
  • Participant list

M Dot Holla
10+ year member

new york
I just purchased the jeep today and as soon as I got home I bought the new pioneer 3900 deck. I got it off crutchfield so all the installation kit and wiring harness is free, how do I remove the factory HU. Do i have to pull off the whole segment around the radio and temp controls?

If you know, please let me know

im also gonna continue to run my 2 12 RE hybrids with my hifonics amp but in a sealed box this time, not enough room for my monster box.

Mike

i have another question for someone who has worked with or owned/owns a jeep liberty, how did you guys go about wiring it, where did you put the ground and how did you hide the wires going to the engine bay, is there a grommet hole..where would it be? I was looking over it and it seems like it might be hard to run the wires because the carpet is tucked in really far .

I grounded mine on one of the bolts holding the rear seat. Make sure you route the cabling so that it's not going to snag on anything when you lay the seats down.

As for running through the firewall, if you pull off the panel covering the hood release, then pull back the carpet and baffle material to the left of the brake, you'll see where the wiring goes to the engine outside via a large, white oval plug with the rubber grommet in the middle.

You'll need to *carefully* make a hole in the rubber without damaging the existing wires. I know some people have simply popped the plug out and pushed through their wire that way, just make sure you seal it with silicone afterwards.

And it is easier to run the wire from inside to outside rather than the other way around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.