Thumbs up cab 1600

Lbetts818

CarAudio.com Elite
So just installed after a looooong build and strapped two cab 1600s at one ohm so .5 each and been beating the dog snot out of them for a good 30-45min and at .5 each not even getting warm. Making my x 15s move some air. Going try and meter in the next week or so and know I'm breaking a 150,hope anyways lol, termlab can shatter souls =)

Thanks. Going to see what I can find.
it's a big *** amp 30 pounds and long fyi.. I coulda got it for $40 more than ppi I jut ordered but I have 4ga and no big 3 (or 4) wires so I wanted to stay under 1k and that thing does 1200 at 2 ohm..

Yeah I'm running a singer alt that does 290a and three agms with two runs of 0 neg and positive and they are just animals for 200$. Will see how they hold up though. But man a amp that can run at .5 for 200$ is a win in my book.

They are definately good amps. A local here had a pair strapped at 0.5 per amp and was railing on them until his car got broken into. He said they never protected

Well wasn't insinuating there big in general.. i just need a few compact amps. Think I'm going to go with zapco St1650 irs only 6.2x14.5
I need them to fit in here

View Album, Amp Tray by jjzickowski1 | Photobucket
zapco probably be good, I looked at them but running at 2 ohm I woulda had to pay to much for power I wouldn't use.. whats subs u gonna run?, how much power u need?, 1600 @1? u look at orion xtr1500 $226

That zapco would be amazing. I'm to poor lol to afford something like that. Eventually want to updgrade to a crescendo encore 4.5k. Want to meter first and see. And sub and port up was way to go thanks @hertzmafia for the help on design. Moves a toooon of air. Can do some wicked hair tricks already :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.