Thumbs up cab 1600

That was my plan. Did not mean to thread Jack
I just want more loud. Right now I'm currently running 1 Icon 12 D2 wired to 1ohm. A 1200 watts. And 2.5 cubes. 30hz.. the plan is another icon 4.5 cubes. 35hz. 800watts apiece.. I hope it gets a little louder
just save up for a twisted sounds 3.5k at half ohm. On the new box tune to 33-35hz if you just want overall louder. Keep the tuning if you like low-lows.

That was my plan. Did not mean to thread Jack
I just want more loud. Right now I'm currently running 1 Icon 12 D2 wired to 1ohm. A 1200 watts. And 2.5 cubes. 30hz.. the plan is another icon 4.5 cubes. 35hz. 800watts apiece.. I hope it gets a little louder
if u tune a little higher it will be louder and thats with same amp u have or u could get the xtr 1500 more power with higher tune 1 sub

Well , I've had my issues with the CAB amps.. "possibly caused by me"... Mine was warrantied with no problem... For $200 it's almost a throwaway amp but since that happened I've loaded mine at 2 ohms each and tuned a little lower..."28 hz" and even though I'll tear it all apart someday eventually for sure... I'd recommend these amps to anyone tryin' to save a buck! With the current setup you just cant listen to decaf at high volume for more than a minute at a time... it may not hit big SPL but playing some slowed and lows it kills it for a couple of 12's. Also be ready to upgrade the electrical and dampen the car for sure. 1/2 ohm each may cause problems because strapping into 1 ohm is not recommended but insane power if you manage to not have the amps go into protect... Good Luck! The closeup of the black amp was the board shifting in the heatsink..Don't think you can load these at LOW impedance and they'll last... It could have been mounting it on the original box I had that caused this, but I digress... Mind you these amps never went thermal one just quit one day! Remember that 2 of these strapped @ 2 ohms is +3000 watts, if you got the electrical tight! For $200 ea it's a great deal...

Car is deadened like no other(probably incorrectly) but there's three layers of 80mil on my roof doors and even pulled seats and carpet and did the floor. As far as not playing low and decaf I flat out tortured these yesterday for a solid hour of decaf and djsnt and got160s and took it like a champ. didn't even get hot. I'm being very conservative with the gain though. And yes my electrical is on par or I wouldn't even consider .5 per. Singer alt that benches out at 290a 3agms with total of 235ah double runs of 0 gauge big 4 with 2/0 welding cable so should be set for now. But getting a weird feedback from my Ct 75.4 I'm using for my tweeters. Everything is grounded to my rear batteries so will dig and find out later. But for sure I'm impressed with these little guys. Also my amps are mounted to the floor and sitting on soft rubber spacers to help keep vibration down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.