Thread you hate : Price a System : $600 For Speakers

a better set of components in lieu of the 6x9's is a good choice.

you can't go wrong with the germaniums for a passive set in that price range. very flexible passive set, and those smooth cal25 tweets to boot.

for subs in your price range, if you're after sq, i would recommend either a pair of image dynamics idq12's, or a pair of dayton reference HO 12's:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-466

and for amps to power it all, i don't think there's a better deal at the moment than the aura amp buyout at partsexpress:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=3&Cat_ID=35&ObjectGroup_ID=15&sm=1&so=2

Putting purchase on hold for awhile. Might be out a job. Company I work for seems to be going under. Waiting things out.

Pretty much think I'll go with the SLC's to save money. Tried to buy a Aura amp off parts express. 150w x 2 @ 4ohms. Was a great deal but they ran out of them. And no they wont get more in stock. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Was planning on using that for the SLCs. Might keep my current amp and bridge it to 100w X2 @ 4ohms for the SLC's.

I think all around this is your best bet.

Money is your objective, as it is mine, so I think I may have some ideas...

I would get Boston Pro60's for your front stage, $300 off Ebay and you can always increase power to them in the future to get extra output, believe me, they make rear fill obsolete completely.

For your subs, I would have to say buy one SS RL-P, 12 or 15", ($300). I don't see why a single 15" shouldn't handle your output and SQ needs. Let anything else wait, as your system will sound great already at that point. And remember, simple is better, less stuff to fry/break down.

Personally, I have never regretted spending the extra $$$ to go as big as possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.