thoughts on diamond audio amps

[quote name='THATpurpleKUSH']Good build quality, prices seem a little high for the power. Not sure where they are built. My friend has a tx1100 on a dd2515, no issues with it.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i know a guy locally here that runs all diamond audio amps and swears by them. Ive never heard a bad word about them other than them costing a ton. @bigblank69 you seem to have a good working knowledge on this topic got $0.02 to share?

i ran a set of hex 6.5 comps back in the day and positively loved them, never owned any other diamond stuff, but that dang pawn shop near my day job has 2 diamond amps at reasonable prices

Well there are a couple of different versions of Diamond Audio, you have the original company which was very good, and the current version... which I think is still good stuff... but not as good as the Original. Diamond is still very much around, they are owned by the same investment group as Cerwin Vega. A DE1200.1D is not from the Original Diamond Audio. I do believe they still design their own stuff but have it built in China.

I don't know much about the newer diamond stuff but I have several old school d series amps. They were designed and manufactured in USA by esoteric audio before diamond took them over. Top notch build quality, beautiful board layout, and great crossover networks. Even have variable rate active cooling.

Well there are a couple of different versions of Diamond Audio, you have the original company which was very good, and the current version... which I think is still good stuff... but not as good as the Original. Diamond is still very much around, they are owned by the same investment group as Cerwin Vega. A DE1200.1D is not from the Original Diamond Audio. I do believe they still design their own stuff but have it built in China.
what about the D3 400.1?

I don't know much about the newer diamond stuff but I have several old school d series amps. They were designed and manufactured in USA by esoteric audio before diamond took them over. Top notch build quality, beautiful board layout, and great crossover networks. Even have variable rate active cooling.
Im a fan of diamond
ive always liked them as a company, but just never knew too terribly much about their amps. The D7 amps look sick as hell!!

I had 2 d series (can't remember the number) 10s that I loved. I also currently have the D600.2 and absolutely love it. It's the older stuff but it's solid. The most beautiful amp I've ever had but it is huge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.