Thoughts on Audiocontrol's Epic 150

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ynot
10+ year member

I am considering buying an Audiocontrol Epic 150 and would like to know what everyone thinks about them ? Let me know if it would help or hurt my system .

I have the following:

Clarion DXZ715 H.U.

Alpine 6 1\2 coaxials ( Ft.Doors)

Clarion 4X6 plates (Rear Pillars)

2 MTX T6000 subs (In reg. sealed truck style boxes)

Rockford Punch 800.2 amp

I am looking for all info on the subject good, bad , or indifferent .

Thanks

the good thing about the epic 150 is its line driver out i think its a 9.5 V non-clipping signal that it sends to your amps RCA's. also it gives you some added control of your subs. plus the read out is good for tweaking systems. I have never had any problems with Audio Control also the sub sonic filter will say your subs and your amp will not waste juice on fequencies you can't hear

Merlin 331 Thanks for the info . I am glad to hear good things about it . Does anyone else have info on this subject ? The more info the better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks

I have an epic150 in my dash. The lights are dim on mine for some reason. It is great, it adds lots of deep bass when you want it. The SPL meter is a little strange at low volumes, but it is pretty accurate at high SPL levels and the voltage readout id pretty much accurate all the time. I have a Phoenix Gold Cyclone in my car, so I always have the bass restoration on at the lowest setting cause the cyclone is designed to play the best at around 20 hz and lower, the lowest setting on the epic150 is almost too much for me lol. It's a great product to have and is pretty flashy. Here's a picture of it at night with just my 2 8w3's and no cyclone. http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=2128 and this one is it in the day time:

01price I see you got it mounted under your H.U. was that hard to do ? Also is there a mounting kit to mount it like that ? I am looking at my H.U. and I think it might be a little tight getting both in there . Thanks for the info . Maybe by the summer I will have enough extra cash to pick up one .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.