JL 1000/1 or XTANT 1000mono?

ssimpalass95
10+ year member

CHI-TOWN
Im looking for a good amp to drive 3 12 W3's... I currently paid for the JL 1000/1 and when it comes out it will be mine. Should i wait or is there something just as good out there? Im looking to spend $1000.00 on the amp - its a toss up between the JL and waiting, or picking the xtant up tonight! I already purchased a JL 300/4 for the interior speakers now i need the mono, If anyone can suggest a good PPI amplifier that would also be helpful. I need at least 800rms-1000 - Thanks fellas!

If your final impedance load at the subz is around 1.6-2 ohms go with an MTX Thunder 81000d, I got one overpowering two JL 12 W3s with about 1274 watts rms at 12 volts. Great amps 3 year warantty. you can spend around from 400-700 on this one depending on where you get it.

Otherwise the JL is a nice amp, ,feature packed and worry free interms of impedance loads. If you can afford it and do not need any headaches the JL is TOPS, if you are willing to use some thought resources from a not so tired brain(my own expression, too much multitasking at work, that causes total brain damage, lol)and are willing to come out on top with extra money to spend, there are Better choices for the buck.

Ask yourself, are you looking for a brand name, are you looking for actual watts per dollar, are you looking for an SQ amp or are you just lost with the choices???

If you think not too hard, usually the first instinct is the right answer to your problem.

May I add, have you ever considered ORION, go to sound domain, its either the XTR PRO 1400 or the second from the top HCCA, I heard a system with three JL 12 w3s powered by a HCCA amp, Air movment 5 feet away from the car, I think that system in particular(installed in an accord station wagon) hit like 154 db

My main concern is the release date on the JL amp. The website is saying May, thats not going to happen. Im looking at the XTANT amp also. Price really isnt a problem I already have 1000 aside for the sub amp. That system w/ the 3 12s do you remember how the subs were enclosed? I've got a sealed enclosure for sq more then anything so thats also important to me

that was a sealed box too, but it was the wedge style box, each sub was facing its own angle wrapping around the box, so that if you open the station wagon 5th door, the middle sub is looking directly at you and the other two are slightly tilted to the sides of that sub, one to the right the other to the left,

let me know if that is hard to imgine, lol

I would say go with the crossfire BMF 1000D. Say 1000 watts at 1 ohm but mine was tested at 1450 watts. If you are running three subs you can take it down to 2.33 I believe or maybe 1.66 ohms which means you could run the whole thing and it's probably one of the most efficient class D amps their is if not the most efficient @ 86%. Check out their website @ http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com and the look at the reviews on car audio magazine's website. You'll be extremly impressed.

Both the JL amp and the Xtant amp are top of the line equipment. If both amps have the same specs that youre looking for then go with the Xtant. The Xtant amp will not disapoint you. The only way that I would wait for the JL is if I were dead set on the name JL, not if it were a toss up between the 2 amps.

Im waiting on the JL for another month... Id like to link the two JL amps id have together for a cleaner install... Plus i have the 3 JL subs and i cant be happier. Ill keep everyone posted when the time comes.

Xtant are possibly onhe of the best SQ amps out there, v.clean and powerful and would be a better choice than the JL. Anything ORION is high quality too - the 154dB figure isnt really surprising. Crossfire BMF is good too, v.efficient but probbaly not as clean sounding as the Xtant. Either go Xtant or Zapco - my $0.02.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.