Thoughts on a audio setup for a leased Mini Van

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kaya Vibration

So Cal
Hi All, Newbe here,

I am looking to replace the stock speakers in a leased vechile. I am limited to a small amp that will fit under the front seat. I am looking for the best overall sound quality over being super loud. Into Jack Johnson, Bob Marley, Jimmy Buffet, Ben Harper, The Dead, U2, ect. Probally will listen more to Serius then a IPod or Cd's. The front and rear stock speakers are 6 x 9's. My budget in around $700 topd out the door:

Speakers:

Polk MM691 (Front)

Kicker KS6930 (Back)

Amp:

Kicker DX 200.4

I found all out the door under budget, and now just need the thoughts from those who know more then me to see if I am getting the sound quality that I want and need to make me stoked to listen to music in the new ride.......thanks all in advance for your honest opinion

If I was to ever run 6x9's then these would be in my car - DDCX6x9 Coaxials - DDAudio.com | Digital Designs : Speakers Made in the USA.

They can take almost whatever you can throw at them and get crazy loud while still giving you a certain amount of SQ. You could also run 6.5's if ur interested in making/buying an adapter plate. My local DD dealer sells them for around $130 a pair but if you were to find a DD dealer on here I bet you can get them for alil cheaper.

As for which amp to run well there's many to choose from and kicker would not be one to look at I would buy this in a heartbeat - http://www.crescendoaudio.com/product.php?productid=17516&cat=249&page=1 . Does rated plus and its quality. If its to big for ur application then I would look into Alpine as they have a small footprint but are quality - http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-PDX-4-100-4-Channel-Marine-Amplifier-/110629868296?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c20dd308

Thats under $550 out the door with the crescendo or $600 for the alpine. Leaves u with enough to buy wire and what not.

You could probably add a simply 10" sealed box sub and a small amp for it to give you some low-end fill without having to spend a ton of money.
Yep, there is a kicker amp that is like $20 bucks and 100 watts. They work great too. Combine that with a 8" in a ported box and there ya go.

For mids/highs. I suggest using plates and getting some components if you plan to drop some cash like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.