2009 Pontiac G5 Pictures

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
I don't have any build log so I don't have too many pictures. I failed to take pictures of any of the deadening that I did, but I used quite a good bit of deadener.

31246874019_large.jpg
31246874018_large.jpg
31246874017_large.jpg
31246874016_large.jpg
31246874015_large.jpg

Hopefully Ill find time to take better pictures, especially of the car itself. I really like the car so far. It gets great gas mileage, rides smooth, and looks pretty nice. Only things I am thinking about is lowering it a bit and getting actual black rims. As of now, I have debadged, tinted, audio in sig, and painted my hub caps. I may decide to find new head lights, and tint the tails, but I kind of like the red of the lights with the red color of my car.

Over Christmas break, I plan on cleaning up the trunk. Other than that, I may get under my rear deck and quiet the rear deck's cover from rattling. I have also noticed my dome light rattling as well as my passenger plastic door panel. I will hopefully fix all those in December.

As far as overall sound, I love the components of my setup. I need a bigger ported box to get a bit more output out of the idmax since its getting under 300rms. The tweeters may need to be moved up on the A-pillar to raise my stage a little bit. I wouldnt mind sending more power to my mids and sub, but I'm pretty happy with the sound and don't think I need to make it louder just because it only does damage after what I have.

lookin good, does it crush the lows? I wanna do a nice single sub system
There is an overall flat frequency response with this box/amp/sub. With under 300rms going to the max in one of the smallest recommended enclosures, its not to heart rattling. I am not really into loud bass. I prefer a loud front stage with the sub as an accent to the bass. I am happy with the blend that I get and like I said the response is good enough that the lower 30hz tones have a very similar output to the 60hzs range. I just threw that box together before I came to school and havent had the time to get back and build a better trunk. I plan on doing ~2.5cuft @ 28hz or so and will most likely build it so that it is walled off from the trunk and sealed firing into the cabin.

31246874025_large.jpg

I'm not a big fan on the large gap between the hood and the front bumper

31246874026_large.jpg

I would prefer to find some cheap real black rims

31246874027_large.jpg

Thinking about throwing a light tint on the tails to help them match the paint a bit better

31246874028_large.jpg

Thinking taking away some of the wheel gap would make it look slick.

31246874029_large.jpg

Doors look pretty factory. You can see my questionable tweet location. (Think it needs to be a bit higher)

31246874030_large.jpg

Trying to show that the tweet kind of points directly to my cluster hump.... needs to be moved along with the other one, right?

31246874031_large.jpg

Good lookin old skool HU...gotta love em.

what's up with those tiny *** wheels/tires?
how it came and I dont have money to get bigger wheels/tires. I put a little caption under one of the pics saying I would like to get actual alloys or w/e materials black rims. I think all black with a red accent, somewhat deep lip would look slick. I would probably only do 18"s at the max.

The door infront of the handle is a good spot to mount tweeters, nothing but foam and plastic there, get a hole saw and go to town. Clean cobalt you have there, some 17-18s would make it look alot better though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.