This seem lke a fair trade???

Why would you trade 3 under rated 1000 watt amps for 1 under rated 3000 watt amps? Chances are your bd1000's do 1400 or so each. No way the 3000 watt RF is under rated by 1200 wrms.

ehhh, 200 cash is a bit much on top. are you getting abox with the trf? are you giving up a box with the p3's?....

....my trf15 gets silly off about the same power, id take it over the (3) p3-12's any day. Ever since I went to (1) monster 15 and several kW i've never looked back. with the right box you'll love that trf.

i'd say 100 cash on top at MOST if its all in great condition, if the amp is scratched up then less cash if any at all. the trf magnet might look a little dirty, as long as it doesnt have any major chips out of the slugs nor any cracks. The rest of the woofer hopefully is in decent condition, remember they are old but built ot last if taken care of.

MAKE SURE when he tests it for you the sub and amp play on full tilt for at least 10 (ideally more) minutes before you give him any cash. you need to stress test the equipment, a dmm test on the trf voice coils, and of course feel the sub cone for smooth movement and no voice coil rub.

that's my $0.02

and white's right you might be loosing a bit of power going to the one amp, but i dont think it'll be that drastic of a difference. those rf's are underated but im not sure about by 400w, who knows i may be wrong. I know the nice old school 1000a2 's were underrated by about that much, and the T series big rf's are also grossly underated...not sure about the newer P1000's though, i doubt they're as underated, but without test results in front of me i can't say for sure.

(1) 3k amp should be more efficient than (3) 1kw amps...how's your electrical looking?

and white's right you might be loosing a bit of power going to the one amp, but i dont think it'll be that drastic of a difference. those rf's are underated but im not sure about by 400w, who knows i may be wrong. I know the nice old school 1000a2 's were underrated by about that much, and the T series big rf's are also grossly underated...not sure about the newer P1000's though, i doubt they're as underated, but without test results in front of me i can't say for sure.
(1) 3k amp should be more efficient than (3) 1kw amps...how's your electrical looking?

electrical consist of two kinetik 2400's in the back, optima yellow top in front, big three done in Rockford 0 awg, rest of the wires is rf 0 awg and some 4 awg, stock alternator.

Why would you trade 3 under rated 1000 watt amps for 1 under rated 3000 watt amps? Chances are your bd1000's do 1400 or so each. No way the 3000 watt RF is under rated by 1200 wrms.
most of my amps put out about 1300-1400 so i realize I could be losing some power but im just tired of having 3 amps back there I would rather just run one big one

Thats an old woofer and has more then likely been beaten to ****..Awsome woofer but old. I agree with you that it would be nice to have 1 amp vs 3.. I would however not add more then 100 to the deal if the trf is in great shape and everything works as it should.

Thats an old woofer and has more then likely been beaten to ****..Awsome woofer but old. I agree with you that it would be nice to have 1 amp vs 3.. I would however not add more then 100 to the deal if the trf is in great shape and everything works as it should.
yea thats what im worried about if it has been abused, if so how expensive are recones?? also it looks like I wont be picking up that amp but i might still be getting the sub for 300$, i think that seems decent

^^NO. I would pay 300 if it had a fresh recone. Like many have said its prob been beaten to hell and back. Offer him 150 as the motor/basket are prob the only things worth any money.

Recones will run anywhere from $150-$225 depending on who u get it from and what parts you use

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.