This is what happens when.....

I am starting to get worried as to what my 18 is going to do to the danger ranger.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I was half tempted to post the same thing. Kind of cool if you look at the windows in a house thats 100+ years old and you see they are paper thin at the top and thick at the bottom....
The Antique Windowpanes Story

The question of antique windowpanes has been addressed by Plumb, 1989[2]. He noted the following:

[...W]hy are the panes of antique window glass thicker on the bottom than the top? There really are observable variations in thickness, although there seem to have been no statistical studies that document the frequency and magnitudes of such variations. This author believes that the correct explanation lies in the process by which window panes were manufactured at that time: the Crown glass process.

In other words, while some antique windowpanes are thicker at the bottom, there are no statistical studies to show that all or most antique windowpanes are thicker at the bottom than at the top. The variations in thickness of antique windowpanes has nothing to do with whether glass is a solid or a liquid; its cause lies in the glass manufacturing process employed at the time, which made the production of glass panes of constant thickness quite difficult.

manufacturing defects are not cool.

I am starting to get worried as to what my 18 is going to do to the danger ranger.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
good thing you can change your screen name..............Damage ranger!

My mirror did the same thing at finals but while it was falling off it cracked alllllll over. I said f it, kept playing it and it split right down the middle.

IMAG1351.jpg

The Antique Windowpanes Story
The question of antique windowpanes has been addressed by Plumb, 1989[2]. He noted the following:

[...W]hy are the panes of antique window glass thicker on the bottom than the top? There really are observable variations in thickness, although there seem to have been no statistical studies that document the frequency and magnitudes of such variations. This author believes that the correct explanation lies in the process by which window panes were manufactured at that time: the Crown glass process.

In other words, while some antique windowpanes are thicker at the bottom, there are no statistical studies to show that all or most antique windowpanes are thicker at the bottom than at the top. The variations in thickness of antique windowpanes has nothing to do with whether glass is a solid or a liquid; its cause lies in the glass manufacturing process employed at the time, which made the production of glass panes of constant thickness quite difficult.

manufacturing defects are not cool.
Doesnt explain why some ive seen have developed holes from the glass running down over the years. Also when I meant paper thin at top I meant thin enough to slice you to the bone.....Pretty sure thats not from manufacturing lol.

My mirror did the same thing at finals but while it was falling off it cracked alllllll over. I said f it, kept playing it and it split right down the middle.
IMAG1351.jpg

that's awesome, tore/split right down the center.

Doesnt explain why some ive seen have developed holes from the glass running down over the years. Also when I meant paper thin at top I meant thin enough to slice you to the bone.....Pretty sure thats not from manufacturing lol.
man I'm 32 years old and work in construction and never once seen anything remotely close to this, also it's a scientific fact that it is a solid and I am not ever buying otherwise, if heated a liquid just like metal,plastic but in no way does it run same as obsidian this whole glass is liquid is from a misread/misquoted paper from long ago and kept going as an old wives tale/urban myth, look into it. because to say glass is liquid just sounds ignorant.

man I'm 32 years old and work in construction and never once seen anything remotely close to this, also it's a scientific fact that it is a solid and I am not ever buying otherwise, if heated a liquid just like metal,plastic but in no way does it run same as obsidian this whole glass is liquid is from a misread/misquoted paper from long ago and kept going as an old wives tale/urban myth, look into it. because to say glass is liquid just sounds ignorant.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

IMAG1351.jpg
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

By quality subs next time
I have 3 power hx2 on 4k. The powerbass's are just a front.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Sleeklsc

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
Sleeklsc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from