This is what happens when.....

you must not have had a very loud system before. stuff breaks, that is a big reason I've gone into sq sick and tired of fixing shit.
Myself? According to your definition of "loud" oh not a chance. My definition of loud, somewhat yes. Entire system was recommended by this forum. But I wasn't trying to be the loudest, just wanted a little junk in thee trunk ahhaha.

Loudest system I have heard though, was 4 18's on 12,000 watts RMS....

I did not want to be in the van, when it hit a 162, nor do I want to loose my hearing because of it..

eh I'm only doing high 140's, like I said I could care less about loud anymore. high 140+ is when stuff starts to break. I've ripped my door latch out of the b pillar on my car before. It *****, I'll never understand why some one would be happy something broke.

not talking about op just a general statement.

So unless I want to downgrade my newly upgraded system, I'd have to either:

Run no mirror(Houses my compass module and auto dim)

Mount the mirror on the new windshield and hope it doesn't break.

Mount a silly suction cup rv and leave wires danglin'. Can't tuck them away. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif Ick, forget I even mentioned that.

Anybody have any good ideas/tips on modding the rv mounting area? If I have to downgrade to prevent future issues I would. Reluctantly of course.

It did that because it loosened up and the vibrations caused it to bounce on the mount glued to the windshield.....Mine did the same thing. I caught mine before it messed up my windshield. All you have to do is take out the screw that secures it and coat the screw in gorilla glue. Screw it back in, let it sit a day or 2 to make sure its 100% dry and your problems should be solved. Mine still vibrates but nowhere near as bad.

It did that because it loosened up and the vibrations caused it to bounce on the mount glued to the windshield.....Mine did the same thing. I caught mine before it messed up my windshield. All you have to do is take out the screw that secures it and coat the screw in gorilla glue. Screw it back in, let it sit a day or 2 to make sure its 100% dry and your problems should be solved. Mine still vibrates but nowhere near as bad.
It doesn't have a screw, it just slides onto the mount. I guess it's possible that the mirror wiggled loose off the mount and was doing some flopping around.

Actually, glass is a liquid, it just moves very slowly
I was half tempted to post the same thing. Kind of cool if you look at the windows in a house thats 100+ years old and you see they are paper thin at the top and thick at the bottom....

thus why i love my car.....its bolted on the roof and the roof is dented //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif no glass gone

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Sleeklsc

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
Sleeklsc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from