This is kind of OT but..

personally.... i'd find the cheapest toyota car or honda that you can find.... and save the rest of the money up to buy a nicer car later.... first cars usually don't last to long... and well you don't have to take on the full set of responsibilities like keeping it clean... and caring about dents and ****

my first car was my mom's old 98 stratus... i drove that for about 6 months and then it started to fall apart (in at the dealer 3 times within 3 months for different problems... luckily warranty covered it(like $3000 total of work done in those months)... but warranty was up at 100,000 miles... was at 98,000 miles at the time we got rid of it) anyways... was supposed to get a truck as a graduation present... but i needed it before then.... and i had showed my mom that i could drive safely without getting a ticket or wrecks *knock on wood* sooooo she put a $5k down payment and we got $2k trade in on the car for $7k total on the truck i have now... and i'm responsible for the other $7k that is left over 4 years.... got the truck when i was 16... almost 18 and i'm still taking care of it.... don't opt for something really nice for the first time.... just not a smart idea.... just get a cheapy car... save that money up and then when your car decides it's time to die you should have a nice stash of money for something nice

best friend of mine was the same way.... got a ricer civic hatchback for a first car paid $4000 for what was really a pos.... he got tired of that thing falling apart... now he has a 93 bagged s10... that we've done all the work too... lays frame and everything... we tweeded the interior(removed a/c vents and smoothed them out tweeded the entire dash, headliner, pillars)... took the a/c out so he will be able to tuck 20"s when he gets the money for them, and he just recently got some audi A4 seats to go in it....

basically... be smart... drive a pos for your first car... do all the stupid stuff you want to in it without getting hurt.... then get something a little more nice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.