Engine swap help

no, if i am understanding your question right. u can't rum a d-series tranny with a b-series motor. i think thats what your asking.

the engine will plop right in though, just make sure to get one with the tranny on it aready. And if you have the cash.. spring for a type r tranny.. better gear ratios and a limited slip.

the engine will plop right in though, just make sure to get one with the tranny on it aready. And if you have the cash.. spring for a type r tranny.. better gear ratios and a limited slip.
Pimp ****, type r trannys now...does it add HP and come with already installed neons?

the d series and b seires will not be interchangeable, but the motor will bolt in the same motor mounts....you will also need an axel from a del sol and an accord if i can remeber correctly...

Pimp ****, type r trannys now...does it add HP and come with already installed neons?
actually, yes it does in a way add horsepower.........this is because the shorter gear ratios which obviously take less time to get to the next gear successfully. and yes they do come with neons pre-installed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

The only way a transmission would "add" horsepower would be if it were more efficient (lighter gears, less internal friction, etc.) ... But that wouldn't really add power, that would just reduce the drivetrain losses ... Sort of like using a lighter flywheel ... You'll see a gain at the wheels, but the actual amount of power the engine makes will remain unchanged ...
Also, the transmission may not necessarily be suited to the engine's power curve ...
thats why i said "in a way" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.