This is a horn.

It's Decaware's Wicked One. Free plans are online somewhere.
LOL no for some reason noone has leaked them at all in the like 20 years the design has been around. You can buy plans for like 15-20$ i think. it's worth it though love that box. The deathbox is pretty cool too. I hug decware's nutz, but it's for good reason.

I wouldn't. I've dabbled with horn loaded enclosure before and it's just too much of a pain. Like someone mentioned earlier, you have such a low end increase in car you just wind up with a huge enclosure to awe at. The only way I think it's beneficial is if you're using really small woofers and very low power.
Depends on the setup, but I'd say for a beginner they are just seriously impractical unless you're borrowing a design, and they def work better in high efficiency low power setups, but I still like the response I get from mine with a couple dayton HighOutput 12s. it still sounds very flat at high volumes, and the eveness of the spl gain is just unreal, big and equal gain pretty much through the whole sub range.

ah actually I do remember that now that I pulled up the link.. I think they still ask for money on decware.com
That's from the Decaware site. I'll also add that you can get the same results with a quality designed bandpass with a lot less hassle. It's a great box plan no doubt, just not very practical.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hispls

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
hispls
Central Maine
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date