Thinking of upgrading. B2 Audio?

How the new xfls compare to the older ones?
My older Stitched 12s seem to dig just a little deeper.. But the Newer ones seem a little louder IMO, all on same power and enclosures I have and same environment.. But they do get down.The newer kind of sound a little cleaner also/ not muddled down low

I agree i have 2 of the older 12s in a 4.6 cft box tune to 31hz and they shake my suv violently with the lows and still sound musical...great subs for the money
I have 4 of the older 12s DVC4 I ran for a while in 2.0@32 htz each in its own chamber in my truck on (2)-A.Bass Hybrid 4480.1d ( first generation Amps) per pair Got down pretty good.Eventually Ill do one amp per sub(have 4 of those amps atm) .I also have One pair of new DVC4, and 2 DVC2, 4 old 10DVC4 and 2 New, and 1 DVC2 I have some 10" TNTs older ones and a few lower rms subs. They all do very good for the $. Ive never been unhappy with the A.Bass subs Ive had so far. Put them in the right enclosure and feed them the RMS rating and they will last and get down. to be enjoyed for quite some time.

I agree i have 2 of the older 12s in a 4.6 cft box tune to 31hz and they shake my suv violently with the lows and still sound musical...great subs for the money
I have a 4.0 @32 Htz and for a pair of tens ?? LOL They can Get Nasty too for a pair of tens. The 12s can do just as well. I would like to see them go back to Stitched though

I need to change the address my American Bass subs ship to. I emailed threm on Monday and they haven't responded.

I just called them and asked about changing the address and I was told that is not possible.

This is extremely inconvenient at best. The customer service is very poor here.

Update

I installed a 150A alt, replacing stock 100A. I bought a 80AH Shuriken AGM.
Big 3 will be done before running new subs (2 XFL 12" dual 4).
I will see how voltage holds with those 2. I wanted to try wiring to 1ohm.

One thing I noticed with the 2 XFLs is the voice coils.
One looks like copper, the other looks black.
I would generally prefer they looked identical.
Anything I should be concerned about?

Update

Do they have play time on the woofers or is this fresh out of the box?

Update

can you post a pic of them by chance? If one has the black coating and the other doesn’t, at the minimum the coatings are different.

Pictures of the different voice coils.

Attachments

• 20211224_114916.jpg
    20211224_114916.jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211224_115154.jpg
    20211224_115154.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 38
Pictures of the different voice coils.

that is very odd, kinda looks like a coating but also has that matte look which I’ve seen many times on subs that got way too hot. I personally would send them back. Here is a coil with high temp coating, see how it’s glossy?

Attachments

• 9263F2EC-7568-4FD0-BECA-217BBFB7FAB1.jpeg
    9263F2EC-7568-4FD0-BECA-217BBFB7FAB1.jpeg
    387.1 KB · Views: 32
2 XFL 12s are installed in approximately 5 cubes. 2 dual 4s wired to 1 ohm on JP23. Ive turned it up kinda loud and my voltage stays high 13s so my electrical (150 alt and 80AH AGM) seems happy. A huge increase in loudness from my sealed Boston Accoustics G5 10".

My XFLs say they are 1500w RMS on the bottom of the sub. On AB's website it says XFL is 1000w RMS.
I can't find much online about this very large upgrade in power handling.

Last edited:
2 XFL 12s are installed in approximately 5 cubes. 2 dual 4s wired to 1 ohm on JP23. Ive turned it up kinda loud and my voltage stays high 13s so my electrical (150 alt and 80AH AGM) seems happy. A huge increase in loudness from my sealed Boston Accoustics G5 10".

My XFLs say they are 1500w RMS on the bottom of the sub. On AB's website it says XFL is 1000w RMS.
I can't find much online about this every large upgrade in power handling.
My 10” xfl says 1500 watts as well. 1000 or 1500 watts, doesn’t matter to me either way, I got a Ct sounds 2000.1 to power it. I’d rather have more than enough than not enough after box rise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...