Thinking of trying something different...component questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

derek1387
10+ year member

I have been a Hertz and Audison user for years. Been using the Hertz 3 way components in the last three builds i ahve done, and LOVE them, but want to look at something different for my daily driver.

I picked up a Tahoe to drive in the winter, and it has factory speakers in it, so I am going to replace them. i am not wanting to spent a ton of money, but I am used to quality 3 way separates...

There is so much out there now, compared to when I was designing my systems in the past.

I am looking at a budget of around $100-200 PER component set, front and rear, then i will do an amp for them.

Here is what I was looking at....is there any recommendations other than these, or any recommendations based on what I am looking at?

These will be run off of deck power, UNTIL i get an amp, which wont be too long. I know they will all be maximized with an amp, so no need to recommend that, I am just trying to get something in the car so the wife will stop b***ing. But I dont want absolute garbage either, as I am used to quality in my nice setups/cars.

View attachment 26555924

those ct mesos look pretty substantial for $141. minus any repeated hate against CT for old ****, has anyone ran these who can comment on their performance?

seems like those polks take the least amount of power which might be a plus for running on headunit power for now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.