Thinking about Going Active

Participant count
  • Participant list

cbrei1023
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Shoey
Hey everyone, I am currently running the system in my sig. It hasnt been in there long but I want to try running an active system. Budget is 200 + cost of a decent crossover.

I was thinking of running the Dayton 7" mids. What would be a good tweeter to match with these?

Hey everyone, I am currently running the system in my sig. It hasnt been in there long but I want to try running an active system. Budget is 200 + cost of a decent crossover.
I was thinking of running the Dayton 7" mids. What would be a good tweeter to match with these?
Read.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366124

Oh, and for processing, just get an active headunit...it's much easier that way..I happen to have one for sale. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'll be keeping the HU in my sig because I just got it and like it alot. How is the kicker 2-way corssover?

Alright, well thanks for the input you have to offer. Ill look into the those OEMs.

One more thought. this summer we are doing a system in my friends 2002 S-10 Extreme (Extended cab). I was thinking midbass in doors. and then a 3" in dash with tweeters on A-pillar. Will that 3" hurt the image or is that decent placement for it?

Alright, well thanks for the input you have to offer. Ill look into the those OEMs.
One more thought. this summer we are doing a system in my friends 2002 S-10 Extreme (Extended cab). I was thinking midbass in doors. and then a 3" in dash with tweeters on A-pillar. Will that 3" hurt the image or is that decent placement for it?
It depends on careful positioning, aiming, and critical listening. I've seen where people have made a poor use of windshield reflection and screwed everything up and I've seen where they've used it very effectively. But to do it right will require more than just picking spots at random, drilling holes, and dropping the speakers in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.