Think this could be the best wire ever for comp cars?

bumpin buick
5,000+ posts

Science is everything
I am a lab technician at a pilot plant for Rio Tinto, anyways I was in the back area where they were assembling a new machine we just got in hanging out with some of the workers and noticed a spool of wire that was just ridicolously thick. Seemed to be about as thick as my wrist. I asked them what it was and what it was used for. They said it was 750 MCM, I was familiar with 350 MCM but I had no clue something like this exsisted. The workers went on to tell me they use it on a 400 amp system and it runs the huge machine no problem. Anyone else use it or even seen it? I just figured competitors would have tried this stuff seems like one of those going into a custom splitter to several 1/0 could carry all the power you need from the front to the back. I will try and get pics tommorow if I remember. I may just try and get some for shits but I have no clue what I would do with it.

i guess that doesnt count for the rule of thumb, might wanna change it to the rule of wirst.
*Hold up thumb* Well, you can't do much damage with that now could you? Really it should be a rule of wrist!

Boondock Saints, anyone?

how's the thread count on it? inflexibility ftl........but still crazy thick uber pricey wire ftw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.