Think amps will be ok on back of box?

TreyE
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tampa
Hey guys well im asking your opinion because i have no place to drill my amps into instead of my box...Do you think that a Memphis MCD2500 and a Kicker ZX550.2 would be ok drilled to the back/side of my box...the box pics are in my gallery i believe but idk...thanks all

Trey

what is it going in if your seats fold down and you have the amps in the back it should be fine i dont play it for awhile and then see how hot it gets and find the best place to mount just try to get the best airflow

i cant put the amps on the back of my seats because my seats haave no solid back to drill into its just stretched fabric thats why i guess it leaves me no other option

Don't mount to the box... makes for an all-in-one easy to steal package //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Don't mount to the box... makes for an all-in-one easy to steal package //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
thanks for making me scared now...nah but other than the robbers will my amps be straight? i have rubber gasket things to mount the memphis btw

i cant put the amps on the back of my seats because my seats haave no solid back to drill into its just stretched fabric thats why i guess it leaves me no other option
What about mounting them to a board in the trunk...I would avoid mounting to the box for a number of reasons...if it gets stolen it ALL goes at once...the vibrations from the sub might lead to the amp breaking before it's time and lastly I wouldn't want to drill more holes in my box even though they can be sealed up again.

edit: also for heat dissipation I like to mount my amps laying flat and not vertical....heat rises...you don't want the top half of your amp to get all the heat from the bottom half...you want it to rise up off the amp into the heat sink...

What about mounting them to a board in the trunk...I would avoid mounting to the box for a number of reasons...if it gets stolen it ALL goes at once...the vibrations from the sub might lead to the amp breaking before it's time and lastly I wouldn't want to drill more holes in my box even though they can be sealed up again.
theres no room for a board or anything...my box fills my whole entire trunk and it goes right to my rear seats and about 5 inches from my hatch door and is snug as a bug on both corners no room to fit anything...

well i had alot of problems with amps just giving up and stop working,

or going up in smoke.

they were all mounted to the box.

since i sterted mounting them somewhere else, i haven't had any problems at all.

Yeah if it means anything I've been running the same crap legacy bass amp for going on about 10 years now...always mounted flat to a board in the trunk...been in three different cars now...never had a problem with it or any other amp I've ever used in the same way....

One thing you might consider is using some computer fans with your amp rack if you have to have the amps covered over, at least they would still get ventillated...

try using velcro if you have carpet in your trunk just take some velcro to the bottom of the amp and place it on the carpet it works good you an also do that to if your box moves or you coulsd velcro it to your box

i had my amp velcro for awhile till i finally mounted it but it worked great if your not complelty finished with your system and you have to pull your stuff in and out but still drive daily so it's not like slinging everywhere ill never let that happen again my amp moved to the other side of the trunk sound cut out my new cd player cutoff and smoke started coming outta of the dash luckly my cd player works fine still to this day

thanks guys but i drilled through the metal in the back of my seats and mounted that ***** with long ass screws

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.