things to know about bridging

Participant count
  • Participant list

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
decided to try bridging just a moment ago, and a few things i noticed and am curious are normal,and also other things to keep in mind would be nice.

1. The R/L Balance now doesnt mute one side, but instead makes one more quite while increasing the other.

2. The F/R Fader seemed to do the same thing, maybe it muted one of them this time around not sure.

3. now that i an running just 2 speakers whats going to change about tuning?

4. Does my Amps TLA become useless now?

Thanks in advanced!

It sounds like you might have a channel crossed up somewhere.

Maybe a front and rear.

If you're bridging from 4 ch input to 2 channel output and your front/rear left is working together and front/rear right is working together then balance should work like you'd expect it to. You should be able to balance from all one side to all the other.

When you fade -- center will be the loudest. All front and all rear will both give you a reduced volume.

Oh ok I might have an idea what happened, I bridged channels 1/2 together, I probably need to do 1/3? I just followed the diagram I found online for my amp and it looked like it said to bridge 1/2 and 3/4

you're supposed to bridge 1/2 together, but then you'll also need to put only left or right speakers and left or right rca ins isolated to the bridged channels

you're supposed to bridge 1/2 together, but then you'll also need to put only left or right speakers and left or right rca ins isolated to the bridged channels
Oh ok so I only need 2 rcas? Or 2 per side

you need left rcas going to your bridged left side and right rcas going to your bridged right side split them if necessary
Ok so far it sounds and works good! Gunna go crank it on a drive and I'll be back with results

just think about it logically you need to have the left isolated from the right treat each bridged channel as one single channel basically a 2 channel amp with 4 rca inputs

just think about it logically you need to have the left isolated from the right treat each bridged channel as one single channel basically a 2 channel amp with 4 rca inputs
**** this is interesting! It didn't get much louder, but I feel like I hear parts of the song I didn't before ? It's a little echoes around the car but im sure once I set the DTA settings that'll go away, and it's interesting not having sound behind you! It really does make it more concert like

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.