Amp Upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

giltyler

Senior VIP Member
I have a RF Power Series T1000-1BDCP and have been thinking of going up in power for my new

Incriminator DR15 d2 last generation

Would going to 1500 watts be worthwhile

I have been running Rockford Fosgate since 1980 and would like to try one of the Korean brands

The Sundown SCV 1500 is one I thought about

How do the Korean amps compare to my current amp

Are the RF just over priced

I don't think RF amps are terrible, but they are overpriced. However if specs are somewhat accurate, a jump to 1,500 watts from $1,000 is only going to be about a 1.5 decibel increase I believe. I think every doubling of power is 3 decibels, so if true, your upgrade would not be worth it. If you upgraded at all, I would say minimum jump should be 3,000 watts, especially when you factor in the cost and having to resell your current equipment, etc. I could be wrong, someone else will have to chime in.

Going to 3k would not be something I would do for this install

It would need more electrical than I want to do also.

Thanks for the input kiteman

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.