The True Facts about breaking in a sub...

Originally posted by choochooSS i dont have a subwoffer out that is not an rca type cable, thats why i am asking aout the x over

(just in case my ? sounded pretty stupid)
not stupid at all..

You should have some kind of 'video audio' input on your stereo (if not, I have no idea how you would manage to get stuff into your stereo).. I have a 1/8" jack to 2 RCA female jack. I connnect the 1/8" jack to the sound card on my computer.. From that I run an RCA cable to my stereo.. it's connected to my 'video 3' on my system, could be 'aux' or 'video' or some such thing on your system .. once you have the RCAs connected, you just take the speaker wire from your stereo speakers and hook them up to your woofers.. Though, you have to be sure your stereo can run 4 ohm (for most single voice coil subs) or what have you.. I have dual 4 ohm subs, so in series they are 8 ohm (most home components are 8 ohm).. Then I fire up WinISD and bring up the signal generator.. set that to 10 Hz (your system might not like that, mine didn't complain, but that's where the whole argument started.. did I really have 10 Hz to the speaker or not) or what ever you want (something low though) and fire it all up.. start with low volume, slowly turn it up till you hear the slightest bottom out of the woofer (it will tick a bit) then back the volume down a bit .. that will be max excursion.. let the woofer(s) run like that for a few hours.. that will stretch out the spider and surround (if it needs it)..

hope that helps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

how old is your receiver? i have quite a few ways of takin a RCA plug from a 1978 receiver to a RCA sub or from tv to sub or PORTABLE cd player to sub, or you can actually just take a normal home (like a 5 disc or 1 disc) cd player and hook it up to the sub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

say something if ya want help if ya cant figure it out

my reciever is a technics and is only a couple years old, and i dont have a computer close to it, or a computer i can hook a home stereo to. also how do i make regular speaker wire(that somes off the sub) turn into an rca jack, do i just cut the end off an extra wire, and wire it on or what. my reciver doesnt have a subwoofer out that isnt an rca type cable. i need help on how to wire this completely, i have no clue.help. also my reciever is a home theater system in case that helps at all

thanx

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

beachboy016

10+ year member
beachboy016
Los Gatos, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from