The True Facts about breaking in a sub...

So if I am not going to free air the sub, is there anything I should do to break in the sub once it is installed? One guy mentioned the 20 hz tone, is this while the sub is in the box installed in my car? Also, where can I d/l a 20 hz tone and at what volume should i play it at and for how long?

if you have access to download programs such as WinMX or Kazaa look up "bass" and it should find plenty of things to download.

if you want i have a very nice 2 minute song full of bass called "Ultimate Bass Test" or atleast thats what it is called on WinMX, its the best bass song ive heard.

edit: 300th post, can finally edit my avatar user text //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I guess now I'm confused. does that mean that you want it to be loud? how loud, in decibels, would you guess, for a brahma 15 in a 2 cu. ft. sealed box, would be good to warm it up at?

the proper way to break in a sub..

free air, low power (just enough to get it to reach FULL EXCURSION) playing testtones.... biggest misconception is - not all drivers need a true break in....

drivers with stiff suspensions (such as Brahmas, XXX, etc) need time to loosen up, burn off the excess glue on the VC...

your MTX 6000 (or hell even your 8000) DON'T need to be free-aired... just chuck em in... right out of the box...

your shiva? very minimal just enought to burn off glue etc....

Originally posted by BonusBobo I guess now I'm confused. does that mean that you want it to be loud? how loud, in decibels, would you guess, for a brahma 15 in a 2 cu. ft. sealed box, would be good to warm it up at?
Brahma's ahve a fairly stiff suspension.. I was talkingto Mark and he had his free air seeing 250 watts, and it wasnt enough....

just dial it in FREE AIR until you get full excursion, and let it play for like 6 hours..

sure do. sorry if I'm making myself look bad, but I'm making you guys look good at least.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Do i just plug it into the subwoofer output on one of my home stereos? dear god. it's so SIMPLE.

dude... I'm scared... I don't wanna do that. I have no idea how stable my stereo is because it's a JVC ghetto as compact component system. My dad has a sony whole entertainment system, but the subwoofers are built into each speaker. I have no problem with the wiring, it's just that i don't want to **** up my brahma.

I'm breaking my subs in now (freeair).And there isn't much sound mostly all vibrations is that how it is until you put it in a box.It's just bass notes from 10-20hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

beachboy016

10+ year member
beachboy016
Los Gatos, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from