The Start of My Battery Box for Truck Bed

Maybe this will give you an idea, don't know.

100_0672.jpg

100_0674.jpg

Oh ok cool. I think I'm just going to run them from the front batt under the truck and into the bed to the back batts by just drilling holes into the floor of the bed. Then I'll run them from the back batts back into the cab through the cutout...there's a little room inbetween the box and cab.

Yeah, I know I'm slow, but I finally got the bracing in. Hopefully now I won't have to worry about the batteries breaking the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The batteries fit pretty much perfectly. There is a tiny space between them that I'll probably use to put plexiglass in so that the + and - terminals cannot come into contact with one another.

100_0254.jpg

Got 35 ft of power and ~40 ft of wire for ground. Hoping that I can get 8 powers and 8 grounds out of it. Also borrowed Snoopdan's drill press today and started on some aluminum distro blocks to go inside the battery box. Each block is an inch thick.

100_0257.jpg

Both will be mounted inside the box on that back wall. The bolts are 2.5" long and will go through the box. My bed cover is on back order and is slowing the process down a little. Once it comes in then I'll get all the wiring ran.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.