The Start of My Battery Box for Truck Bed

you should put a drain on the bottom of the box for when water eventually gets in there. I probably should of mentioned that when I was over there huh? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Might not be a bad idea. With my old aluminum tool box I never had any issues with water getting inside, so I'm hoping that with having a bed cover nothing will get inside. Doesn't hurt to prepare for the worst case scenario //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I didn't resin my last box in my blowthrough and there was a spot or two where a little moisture got to it and the mdf swelled just a tiny bit. So I'm definitely going to resin the one I'm building now. I just can't bring myself to pay $33 at home depot for the gallon of resin.

A gallon is a lot of resin. This box has about 1.5 quarts on it, then the couple coats of bed liner. I'll probably throw a few more coats of bed liner on before it actually goes into the truck.

Yeah I didn't see any quarts there though. But the box looks real good man. Are you just drilling through the floor of the bed to bring the 1/0 into the box?

Yeah I didn't see any quarts there though. But the box looks real good man. Are you just drilling through the floor of the bed to bring the 1/0 into the box?
I haven't decided how I'm going to do it yet. I've thought about going straight through the back wall of the truck. Once I get the money, I'm going to take it up to the shop in Evansville, IN and Cory (shop installer) is going to help me out with it. I'll see what kind of ideas that he can come up with. In my old truck I put all of the wire that was exposed to the outside in Luquidtite tubing to keep it weather resistant. Fortunately, we have a car lift, so I'm sure it will be easy to get some quality work done:D

I haven't decided how I'm going to do it yet. I've thought about going straight through the back wall of the truck. Once I get the money, I'm going to take it up to the shop in Evansville, IN and Cory (shop installer) is going to help me out with it. I'll see what kind of ideas that he can come up with. In my old truck I put all of the wire that was exposed to the outside in Luquidtite tubing to keep it weather resistant. Fortunately, we have a car lift, so I'm sure it will be easy to get some quality work done:D
Sounds like a good plan. I'm adding some 1/0 runs under my truck to the bed and I'm just going to wrap them in techflex. I'm still not sure how I'm going to bring them into the bed. I'll probably just drill through the bed and use 1/0 grommets?

I ran it through the bed rail in the old truck. Pictures are after the truck was totaled, so that that's why it's all out of shape.

100_1695.jpg

100_1697.jpg

Yeap, I drilled through the tool box and bed rail. Then the wire came up through the floor of the side panel and into the cabin. I used 90 degree elbows and stuff to keep everything in place. I'll see if I can dig some more pics up.

Yeap, I drilled through the tool box and bed rail. Then the wire came up through the floor of the side panel and into the cabin. I used 90 degree elbows and stuff to keep everything in place. I'll see if I can dig some more pics up.
Ok thanks man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.