The Real Crescendo Audio (AVOID AT ALL COST)!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xprime4
10+ year member

****in' canadian
I bought an 1000c4 at the beggining of the summer as i wanted a little more headroom for my frontstage. I'm always doing alot of research before buying any product and at that time, the 1000c4 was pretty much the forum hyped. Everyone was praising the whole compagny on their forum over here especially the customer service. So i went ahead and bought something from them just from the hype.

The amp worked fine for around a week. Then i had to return it because if wasn't staying on. I'd like you guy to read this long message before even thinking about buying something from Navid. I'm not an *******, i'm just looking for the truth to be heard about this compagny.

(edited) CLIFFS AT MESSAGE 6

I copy/paste all the following message I had in pm with navid. I the worst service i couldn't even imagine in a nightmare. It seeems like crescendo product aren't reliable, but if it had a nice cs, i wouldn't have care. In the end, i shipped my amp on 06/02/2010 and i'm still waiting for it....there's the story, Always look at the date... and i haven't copied all the message i sent. I wasn't getting answered a lot of time and it was always taking few days even if navid is on the forum pretty much all day.

Please read till the end, there's alot of contradiction and shitty excuses everywhere. The last message is what makes me want to start this thread. After the shitty experience i had, he's still trying to make me feel guilty...

06-02-2010, 06:44 PMQuote:

Originally Posted by xprime4

i was riding with the music on low level today and out of nowhere, the sound from the amp slowly stopped.... i looked at the amp and it was still on, not in protect but not producing any sound. the sound faded away in like 2-3 sec. i rebooted the deck and the amp was fine.

it never happened to me with my old amp... no short anywhere or nothing special that could have made it happen (voltage was in the high 14s)

do you know what's wrong? i didn't do it again when i came back from job... just once

Sounds like an anomaly. Most likely the signal from the HU sent the amp a very quick high clip, this could be from a variety of things, for example, a millisecond surge of higher voltage from your electrical (which happens at times, from the batteries)

Sounds like the amplifier quickly limited output to protect its insides in case another sharp jolt was about to happen again. ( this is normal and is part of its circuitry)

You should be fine

Navid

06-04-2010, 08:29 PM

Crescendo Audio

Re: 1000c4 problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

i had the same problem as yesturday pretty much all day today.....

it starts fine. (protect and blue light on for few sec then protect light goes off) it plays music... but out of nowhere it stop by itself even at real low volume when the car ain't moving. The blue light became weak and nothing comes out of the output (checked with dmm).... and out of nowhere again it start again. Something before fading out totally, it distorts bad for a second or two.

my rear speakers amp is hooked on the output of the 1000c4... it never stop even when the crescendo stop playing. Every wire was checked, voltage is fine, remote voltage is fine.... nothing's wrong

what am i supposed to do? i did a direct swap with my mb quart and never had any problem. i'm almost 100% positive the amp is faulty

pm me back as soon as possible

Wow that *****. Please send the amplifier to us, upon receipt we will take a look at the amp and if a repair is not straighforward and will take more than a few days, we will ship you a replacement instead. Unlike other companies, we hate making customers wait weeks, even months for their amps to be repaired, so we do immediate replacements in most cases instead.

Our ship-to address is:

Crescendo Audio

6321 Porter Rd #7

Sarasota, FL 34240

Sorry about the problems you've ran into,

Navid

06-06-2010, 09:33 PM

Crescendo Audio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

i'm getting paid next week. i'll send it as soon as i have some more money

Alright just let me know when you ship it, and sorry about the inconvenience.

06-08-2010, 09:41 PM

Crescendo Audio

Quote:

is it a known issue with this board? i don't get it it worked nicely for the last 3 days and today it won't stay on few secs after it boot up. it didn't work all day but few second here and here.

can i just ship it with it's original product box (not packaging box) cause i threw the box away....

There are no issues with 1000c4s. Something has happened with your 1000c4, and you'll be taken care of

Sure, ship it with the product box only.

Navid

06-16-2010, 12:58 PM

Crescendo Audio

Re: my amp

Quote:

let me know when you get it.They said it would take up to 9 opens days, that *****, but it's not that long usually (i got your in like 5 opens days)

thanks

Alright man will do.

Navid

06-24-2010, 08:36 PM

Crescendo Audio

Quote:

did you get it?

No not yet, I bet it will be here tomorrow.

07-02-2010, 11:55 AM

Crescendo Audio

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crescendo Audio

Quote:

did you get it?

No not yet, I bet it will be here tomorrow.

what about now? it's been a long time

Not here yet, I hope it is here today/tomorrow

07-02-2010, 11:57 AM

Crescendo Audio

Re: feedback?

Quote:

i still ain't got nothing from you navid, what's up?

it's impossible the package hasn't reached the destination yet, lmk if there's a problem

thanks

alex

Sorry about the delay in pm reply.

This is concerning me as well, its been like 2 weeks almost since you shipped it right?

If you can give me some sort of tracking number, or the address it shipped from I will contact the postal service and see whats up for us.

Navid

07-07-2010, 11:45 PM

Crescendo Audio

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

it's impossible the package hasn't reached the destination yet, lmk if there's a problem

thanks

alex

This is concerning me as well, its been like 2 weeks almost since you shipped it right?

If you can give me some sort of tracking number, or the address it shipped from I will contact the postal service and see whats up for us.

Navid

what about now? like i said i don't have any tracking, the package was shipped from 2961 chemin ste-foy, quebec, quebec g1x1p5 canada.

Hasn't arrived. I will be at the post office tomorrow with your info to find out what is up

Navid

07-08-2010, 04:15 PM

xprime4

CACO Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

thanks

alex

Navid

what about now? like i said i don't have any tracking, the package was shipped from 2961 chemin ste-foy, quebec, quebec g1x1p5 canada.

i did my part today and called the postal service. i gave them all the info i had and they should call me back after the instigation. the pacakge was shipped to the porter road #7 adress and no the one from the invoice i got when i first got the amp, is that right

lmk if there's something on your side... i'm real worried

FEW HOURS LATERS (WOW FIRST TIME GETTING ANSWERED THAT FAST)

07-08-2010, 04:23 PM

Crescendo Audio

Quote:

i did my part today and called the postal service. i gave them all the info i had and they should call me back after the instigation. the pacakge was shipped to the porter road #7 adress and no the one from the invoice i got when i first got the amp, is that right

Hey man I was about to let you know that I picked up the amp today! Inquired about it at the usps and they went in the back and had it there. Finally, from what they told me that there was an attempted delivery @ 8:30am lol on 6/29/10 and that they only attempted to deliver it that one time and didn't leave a notice in our mailbox about it.

The amp will be looked at first thing in the morning and I will keep you updated on repair time, which we will make your amp a priority since shipping took weeks. Probably 1 week before shipping to you.

Navid

07-09-2010, 04:38 PM

Crescendo Audio

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey man I was about to let you know that I picked up the amp today! Inquired about it at the usps and they went in the back and had it there. Finally, from what they told me that there was an attempted delivery @ 8:30am lol on 6/29/10 and that they only attempted to deliver it that one time and didn't leave a notice in our mailbox about it.

The amp will be looked at first thing in the morning and I will keep you updated on repair time, which we will make your amp a priority since shipping took weeks. Probably 1 week before shipping to you.

Navid

it's not the first time something like that happen with usps... they forget two 63lbs subs once (probably didn't want to lift them...) for few weeks .... until i call and they had to instigate

ok lmk what's wrong with it asap

thanks

USPS FTL

Your amp should be diagnosed and fixed sometime next week. I'll keep you updated.

Navid

07-11-2010, 09:16 PM

Crescendo Audio

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Navid

it's not the first time something like that happen with usps... they forget two 63lbs subs once (probably didn't want to lift them...) for few weeks .... until i call and they had to instigate

thanks

USPS FTL

Your amp should be diagnosed and fixed sometime next week. I'll keep you updated.

Navid

ok hurry up man, my new focal k2p can't wait to be powered by something strong enough

Lol alright man it is top priority

07-15-2010, 10:53 AM

Crescendo Audio

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Navid

thanks

USPS FTL

Navid

ok hurry up man, my new focal k2p can't wait to be powered by something strong enough

what about now, it's taking a long time Navid...

Amp repair is not an overnight job Alex. We do our best to repair as fast as possible, without taking any shortcuts that result in shoddy repair work.

Your amp was on the bench monday, working fine suprisingly. Then in a car after that working fine. After about 10 minutes the amp failed to turn on again.

My repair man is maybe a couple hours away from solving the problem. Most likely a turn on opamp/capacitator problem.

What were the symptoms that the amp had when it messed up?

07-16-2010, 03:25 PM

Crescendo Audio

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Navid

thanks

USPS FTL

Navid

what about now, it's taking a long time Navid...

Amp repair is not an overnight job Alex. We do our best to repair as fast as possible, without taking any shortcuts that result in shoddy repair work.

Your amp was on the bench monday, working fine suprisingly. Then in a car after that working fine. After about 10 minutes the amp failed to turn on again.

My repair man is maybe a couple hours away from solving the problem. Most likely a turn on opamp/capacitator problem.

What were the symptoms that the amp had when it messed up?

pretty much what you just describe.... turn on and play sometime... but most of the time it's on and not producing a **** sound....

sorry about me being impatient... i just didn't expect it to be that long from the start

Should be done repaired by Tuesday next week.

Yeah the duration of this repair process was mostly shipping FTL

Navid

07-24-2010, 11:53 PM

Crescendo Audio

Re: ....

Quote:

I must admit i do not feel like a priority.... i had a faulty amp from the start, i had to pay to ship it back and now i'm waiting like a **** idiot to get it back... weren't you supposed to ship another amp if the repair was too long

i gotta admit i'm not getting the Customer service everyone is praising you about

Sorry but it seems many of the pm's in the inbox went unbolded aka not new pms and as such we didnt look into what was thought to be old pms. As such please respond to this PM via support@crescendoaudio.com

Your amp was finished on Thurs, problem was loose driver board port connections and a unstable circuit board trace, due to physical damage, which had to be retraced.

BTW there is no way it was a faulty amp from the start, since we test all amps thoroughly before shipping. It had to have happened in shipping, or another physical scenario.

It ships out monday, we couldn't ship it out in time on Fri.

Navid

08-07-2010, 08:37 PM

Crescendo Audio

Re: ....

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I must admit i do not feel like a priority.... i had a faulty amp from the start, i had to pay to ship it back and now i'm waiting like a **** idiot to get it back... weren't you supposed to ship another amp if the repair was too long

i gotta admit i'm not getting the Customer service everyone is praising you about

Sorry but it seems many of the pm's in the inbox went unbolded aka not new pms and as such we didnt look into what was thought to be old pms. As such please respond to this PM via support@crescendoaudio.com

Your amp was finished on Thurs, problem was loose driver board port connections and a unstable circuit board trace, due to physical damage, which had to be retraced.

BTW there is no way it was a faulty amp from the start, since we test all amps thoroughly before shipping. It had to have happened in shipping, or another physical scenario.

It ships out monday, we couldn't ship it out in time on Fri.

Navid

what's wrong with you navid, i'm getting the worst customer service i ever had and you're not answering me back... Seriously all what people said about your compagny is full of ****. You better makes me happy or you,ll regret it!

Woah sorry Alex,

Not that I'm trying to give you an excuse to fully justify the delay, but last Thursday I slipped a disk in my lower back and have been resting basically ever since on pain meds until yesterday.

My amp tech planned to send your amp out earlier this week. I'll call him tomorrow and see when he did and get the tracking on it.

If its shipped than its shipped to the address that was on the box you sent in, as that is what I told him to send it back to. I'll know that tomorrow as well.

Sorry

Navid

08-12-2010, 02:19 PM

Crescendo Audio

Re: tracking number

Quote:

have you gotten it?

thanks

Hi,

My tech is in charge of shipping the warranty packages, I thought it was already on its way sorry about that. He says hes dropping it off today. I'll get you the tracking number as soon as I get it once he ships it, to the Zephyr address.

One more thing, if you could, call me @ -----my cell. We need to talk about what my repair tech has traced and concluded was the cause of the amp failure so it doesn't happen again.

Navid

08-14-2010, 09:58 PM

Crescendo Audio

Re: tracking number

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

have you gotten it?

thanks

Hi,

My tech is in charge of shipping the warranty packages, I thought it was already on its way sorry about that. He says hes dropping it off today. I'll get you the tracking number as soon as I get it once he ships it, to the Zephyr address.

One more thing, if you could, call me @ ------- my cell. We need to talk about what my repair tech has traced and concluded was the cause of the amp failure so it doesn't happen again.

Navid

my cellphone can't makes international call (cheap virgin contract) and my english won't be that understandable to you... i'd be surprise if you tell me it's the vibration cause the amp was mounted on my backseat back, which ain't supposed to shake that much, i'm glad it's being shipped today, i need it for a comp on 28/08

No it wasn't Vibration caused, my tech 100% concluded that the cause was swapped power/grounds, as in somebody put the power cable into the ground input on accident. This caused the gate rectifiers to cease and two of the transistor finals to blow, which puts too much strain on the other finals, thus making the amp turn itself off randomly.

He replaced the power supply, those Fets, and the rectifiers.

I decided not to charge you for the repair though, because I'm a nice guy and we went through those crazy shipping delays when you sent the amp in and I just want this to be finished with you happy and satisfied.

The amp shipped yesterday

Priority Mail International ---------

Hopefully this doesn't happen again

Have a good one,

Navid

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thanks alot Navid for being a such nice guy!!!

that's a real joke, i would have call the FDT if i were in the state. I can assure you everything was installed fine from the first day and nothing was changed ever since. I'm not dump enough to invert the ground and power, that's audio 101 !!!

So if you didn't take the time to read, here's the cliffs:

-took like a month to get to him (but the day usps started the investigation it was already there since a long time )

-I was treated nicely and TOP PRIORITY

-there is absolutly no issus with the 1000c4, i'm just doing something wrong... no faulty product at crescendo

-Since he's such a nice guy he sent a remplacement unit after a week, so he should have sent me like 6 remplacement unit meanwhile...

-it's being shipped pretty much every monday and it was shipped few times already

-His Pm box is playing him tricks! Mod check this out, he's not getting messages when it's time to repair faulty products

-The classical "slipped disk" excuse... (even tho he wasn't in care of my amp, then why the additionnal delaY????)

-I'm guily of it: vibration first.... oh no finally i invert the power and ground

BUT HE'S SUCH A NICE GUY, I WON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THE REPAIR. I ALREADY HAD TO PAY TO SHIP IT BACK because it wasn't reliable. Look around, there's alot of faulty product at crescendo audio.

I would advice anyone to pay a little more and get a quality product that is backed up by a REAL custumer service. I know i,m not the only who had bad experience with them, just look around

If you still want to by from a compagny that don't give a fock about the customer and that won't admit they have problem, then get focked by crescendo audio.

thanks for the attention, please mod don't delete even crescendo audio is a sponsor, the TRUTH need to be heard.

thanks

It's just a Sundown amp with lower price tag and customer service reflective of that.

Do you have your amp back? How much did it cost you (before and after sending it back)?

My guess is that OP bought the amp because it was a super low price compared to the same zenon amp from half a dozen other companies. You are now discovering why the other companies have to charge more. AND for the record my remaining Sundown 3Kd had a very similar problem and I suspect other zenon amps are prone to it. And NOBODY ever admits to hooking up an amp backwards.

can't you see his diagnostic are contradictory? can't you see he's lying ?... i'm not really talking to you hisspls, but to all of these who still think i'm the one lying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...