The Official Type R Thread

hm.. i dont see many people using the type r's for SQ. whats the best bang for the buck SQ wise? i ran a type r 12 with a 1800d directed amp but that was def. not SQ. any suggestions for me?

One of my type r's kicked the bucket recently. I dont know why, my amp gains are set to minimal on my bxi2006d. One of my woofers seem to have blown but it still seems to work but sounds like ass when there both hooked up. It was only running at 4 ohms when this happend roughly 650 watts. Has anyone expereinced this problem.

what amp would you guys recommend for me *on a budget*

to run a single 12" R setup either 2 or 4 ohm...in a 2 cube box tuned @ 34hz

im looking for around 600-800w rms and the best bang for my buck! thanks!

and it has to out-bump my current setup with 2 infinity 1032w (10" reference subs) 250wrms on a RF 250wX2 rms amp in a custom spec'd sealed box...

Im thinking about buying a brand new Type-R 1221D 2 ohm. Is 90 shipped a good price for it?

and what would be a good amp to run to it for under 150. I looked at jbl but they were too expensive.

im having problems with mine, i got 2 R' s dual 4 ohms on a Brutus bxi2006d and running it at 1 ohm roughly, 1000rms to each maybe a little less, the box is a ported 1.82cu.ft. per sub box, tuned to around 40 htz, well i had the amp set up at my local audio store, and they sound good but when you turn them up they start to overheat, and its not even the full potential of the amp, do i need a better box or what, im thinking of just selling them and getting something else if i cant get it solved.

Is it better to run my 2 ohm off of 1ohm or 4 ohms. which will give it more power. I heard if u wire it a certain way it will get half the power.

Im not sure yet. I need to know what to look for. Is giving 500w at 4ohms and 500w at 1ohm the same thing, or will the 1ohm be louder.

Im not sure yet. I need to know what to look for. Is giving 500w at 4ohms and 500w at 1ohm the same thing, or will the 1ohm be louder.

How many watts can an older Type r take daily. Could i run 600 daily

500 watts is 500 watts, it is not going to sound any different if its at 4 ohms or at 1,its the same thing, and i really haven't had any experiences with the older R's, but i bet they can take a little more than what they say....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.