The Official Type R Thread

Hey guys so i have a TCAB box for my 15" Type R but im wondering about what power to use.. i talked to mark and he said a 15 R can take a xx-herc @ 1 ohm daily because theyres gonna be imp and box rise, etc, whats yours opinions? i might just get a bxi2006D and run that instead since its about 100 or so cheaper

get the xx-herc regardless so that you've got plenty of headroom for when you upgrade (and you know you're gonna lol)

personally though, i doubt it can take anywhere near that much power daily.

Sealed or Ported? I putting together a system and I think I'm gonna guy with some R's. I'm tryin to save room and money but I want it sound good so I have question. Would it be louder if I got two 10's and go sealed for like .6-.7 for each sub or go with one 12 ported (Dont know what size it should be or tuning)? If I got two I would probably get a 1000w Hifonics amp to feed em 500 a piece and If I got the 12 I would look for a 700-1000w amp to push it. So two 10's sealed or one 12 ported? I really would like the keep the box under 2 cu ft. total.

Oh yea I listen to all Rap and R&B and the car is 2002 Toyota Solara.

they go for 100-$130 shipped brand new.....they are known for taking twice their power rating without any problems. As long as you don't introduce clipping and put it in a shitty box, you'll be fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.