The idiots known as UPS

Did the UPS guy confirm that the subs were delivered? Sometimes they say delivered but were not actually delivered and they show up the next day.
My mom talked to the UPS guy and he said he delivered the subs but they were taken off the porch

Learning curve, lesson 1 shipping.

Make sig required for anything nice. Have package shipped insured, call ups make sure shipping checks out. Buy from recognized good sellers, if you are going to not require sig, be there.

UPS is the worst. I was sitting on my couch today and I heard a faint tap on my door. Wasn't even sure if was at my door. Open my door $250 package sitting there, UPS guy back in his truck. This isn't the first time its happened. UPS is lazy as ****.

UPS is the worst. I was sitting on my couch today and I heard a faint tap on my door. Wasn't even sure if was at my door. Open my door $250 package sitting there, UPS guy back in his truck. This isn't the first time its happened. UPS is lazy as ****.
Seller and buyers responsibility to ensure that signature requirement is chosen. Not UPS's fault if you or the seller did not put this requirement. They did their job.

Seller and buyers responsibility to ensure that signature requirement is chosen. Not UPS's fault if you or the seller did not put this requirement. They did their job.
They did their job by not delivering the package to the homeowner that was clearly inside the home since they could clearly hear the tv? No, I can understand dropping off a package with no one home if no signature is required, but they do this **** repeatedly and they're not supposed to. If someone is present at the residence they're supposed to knock and hand deliver the package. They don't do it because they're lazy.

They did their job by not delivering the package to the homeowner that was clearly inside the home since they could clearly hear the tv? No, I can understand dropping off a package with no one home if no signature is required, but they do this **** repeatedly and they're not supposed to. If someone is present at the residence they're supposed to knock and hand deliver the package. They don't do it because they're lazy.
You can't win in this situation, don't try to pawn off the responsibility on UPS. If signature is NOT required, they do not need to see you and hand it to you. Plain and simple. They delivered it as requested by the shipper. They don't have to wait for someone to come if in person delivery is not required.

This is why I get everything delivered to work. I live in a decent enough neighborhood but I can't imagine 2 big boxes sitting there with SUNDOWN on them and someone not getting tempted. Especially right now! The economy sucks and people are desperate.

You can't win in this situation, don't try to pawn off the responsibility on UPS. If signature is NOT required, they do not need to see you and hand it to you. Plain and simple. They delivered it as requested by the shipper. They don't have to wait for someone to come if in person delivery is not required.
Do you work for UPS? You're ******* them very hardly if you don't. UPS also likes to leave packages with NO ONE signing for them when they require signatures. They do it all the time at my office and home.From UPS Directly (PS I own a condo):

If the package does not require signature the delivery will be under the driver discretion.
In order for UPS to release a shipment without obtaining a signature, the delivery address must be either a single-family dwelling or multiple family dwelling with a private entrance.

UPS will not release packages at commercial addresses or unsecure apartment/condominium complexes. In addition, our drivers cannot release certain high-risk shipments or packages requiring an adult signature at delivery.

The decision on whether or not to release a shipment is ultimately up to the driver's best discretion. The goal is to deliver shipments in a safe area, away from public view, and protected from the weather.
Thanks for coming out though.

OP has the same post over at caco and got chewed out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/titanic.gif.8089b7552c370bcc138aa121756d0c0b.gif

FYI UPS did nothing wrong, shipper has to pay extra for signature upon delivery or significant amount of insurance (USPS is $200+ for automatic delivery signature required, not sure about UPS) or otherwise the UPS driver does not have to even ring the doorbell, but some do it just to be nice. The fail here is the buyer/seller skimped on insurance and both got waxed by the five finger discount.

Sellers responsibility to get insurance no matter what. Item gets damaged the seller is paying for it, item gets stolen the seller would pay for it, item gets lost and the seller pays for it. The seller pays for it no matter what. The buyer sent the money for goods. If they arent there its not the buyers issue if someone stole it. They paid for goods and expect them. Its called cover your own ass as a seller. For an extra $3 you save hundreds in events like what happened to the OP. This is also exactly why you never spend the cash you get from a sale before everything checks out so its there in case you need to refund it.

sellers responsibility to get insurance no matter what. Item gets damaged the seller is paying for it, item gets stolen the seller would pay for it, item gets lost and the seller pays for it. The seller pays for it no matter what. The buyer sent the money for goods. If they arent there its not the buyers issue if someone stole it. They paid for goods and expect them. Its called cover your own ass as a seller.this is exactly why you never spend the cash you get from a sale before everything checks out so its there in case you need it.
^^^^^ this ^^^^^

Hey OP, I'm wondering how many threads you are going to start on how many forums before you actually realize that it's not UPS's fault(in this case at least), but rather your fault (for not asking for sig required) and the seller's fault( for not shipping it with sig required)?

Wow. What seller doesn't do freaking insurance on subs???

No seriously. Clearly you didn't choose a very reputable or competant seller

I did insurance on $100 Audiopipe Amp .-.

Don't even get me started on signature...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Heel4lyfe

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Heel4lyfe
home
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date