The Great 15" Challenge

That Alphamax did veryyyy well.
What size boxes was those done with, didnt you have 3 of them?
I have three boxes done, the first scores that I posted up were all from the 4.5 cube box. tuned to 45hz but I had a great range of peak frequencies.

I have three boxes done, the first scores that I posted up were all from the 4.5 cube box. tuned to 45hz but I had a great range of peak frequencies.
Shrink that AQ down to 3cu ish....bet it comes up in score

Good tests so far...but dont make me come up there and show you how to do an AQ haha

Good luck man

Oh and howd you determine actual max power....like the subs limits...mech noises and backed off?

Shrink that AQ down to 3cu ish....bet it comes up in score
Good tests so far...but dont make me come up there and show you how to do an AQ haha

Good luck man

Oh and howd you determine actual max power....like the subs limits...mech noises and backed off?
Alot of it was really going by what I felt the sub was safe and comfortable with, a few times I was reaching mechanical limits and other times I just felt like it was too much just how the sub would react, after I do all the basic tests I plan to do balls to the wall though.

I know a lot of subs will do better in the smaller boxes but the big boys liked the air space, some of the other subs for example the Z15 did way better in the 2.5 and 3.5

On an off note, Steve had mentioned in a few threads how stiff his cones were, I wanted to put it to the test... thought a few of you would get a kick outta this, it really is a **** strong cone

IMG_4117.jpg

vid of me bouncing on it will be up in a bit

looks pretty good
the sonance starts to spike for spl purpose when you go over 50hz

The Alpha MAX really surprised me, the one sent in is the daily version with a 67mm tall coil it sounds better but is less SPL than our 52mm setup it is down .8 to 1.2 db in our test with the spl version vs daily.

The HW starts to shine with more power, we hoped to see it get at least 15k in this challenge. If you go up in HZ you will also see a large spike with the HW. The HW is good on bursts to the mid 30,000w range.

The SHW is not ready as of yet, but our sample tend to be .4-.5 db louder until 10k and from 10-20k about 1db and 20-30 about a 1.5db . We have not put the sample SHW on to much power as of yet. The most we have done is four d9 @ 16v and i guess that to be between 30-40k. Once we get it finished it will be really tested.
you have some parameters of the daily version? just needs a few like QES QMS FS VAS MMS RE BL? such a huge coil you don't need a shorting ring?

no shorting ring needed

Our flat coils produce very little eddie current in our motors. Plus we have a couple things we do that we keep to ourselves.

The daily HW coil comes with 67mm tall coil and has only a single spider. I takes 3,000w + daily and doesnt rock the coil.

The SHW v.2 daily version has a 80mm tall coil with single spider

I wanna see a SHW take 30-40k on a burp, thats just an insane amount of power for a single woofer. Regardless if its in a burp box/extreme wall and only for a few seconds that unreal.

I like the way its turning out! Now only if more woofers were in it would be even better! I wanna see the big boys battle it out (RD HW, T3 TSNS, DC level5, Fi BTL, Re MT, Sundown NS, IA DP

Sorry I forgot to make this announcement

Kove is dead but ID SPL will be taking its place

Sundown NS V2 will be in

DC lineup should be in

RD SHW, assuming steve gets the needed parts in.

so that should add a little to the results

Sorry I forgot to make this announcement
Kove is dead but ID SPL will be taking its place

Sundown NS V2 will be in

DC lineup should be in

RD SHW, assuming steve gets the needed parts in.

so that should add a little to the results
I would like to see what the NS V2 will do. Been waiting to see that in action for awhile

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.