SOLD the elephant box and 2 hdc3 15's for sale

alright here is the deal... i just found out that i am soon to be a father... so unfortunately i am not going to be able to use the box the bjfish built for me. the elephant box is a BEHEMOTH and was designed with the direct assistance of DJ Langford from AQ, specfically for a pair of AQ HDC315's (which are also for sale). the subs have never been played... they were only ever taken out of the box to take pictures (as i am in iraq and they were delivered to my dads house, so i had him inspect them for any damage that may have incurred during shipping and send me pictures.) the specs for the box is 44wide 18 tall, and 32 deep... it is tuned to 40Hz... the link for the build log of the box is http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284557

if you are at all interested please send me a PM and we can talk about price. I am really trying to just get the stuff moving so my loss will be your gain.

the box is still in the possesion of BJFISH11 and will be shipped from him. He and i have already discussed the details of what needs to happen.

the money made from the box will be put towards a new small sealed box for me... gotta be able to fit a stroller in there, ya know.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ok, it seems there has been some confusion, so i am making an edit to clarify.

i am selling the subs for 200 a piece... if you buy the subs i will split the shipping with you.

i am selling the box for 350... i will pay the first 50 of the shipping from BJ to you (so really you are getting the box for 300 and paying for shipping)

HOWEVER... if you buy the whole package... 750 covers it all... i will pay for all shipping cost (unless you live some where rediculous, im not going to pay to ship a 340 pound box and 2 50 pound subs to hawaii or something).

SUBS ARE SOLD... box is still up for grabs

==============================================================================================================================================================================

alright... im trying to get rid of this thing so i can get my new box underway... 250 for the box and i will pay shipping... come on guys that is rediculous (caveat to that is... only cover up to 150 of shipping incase you live in Bum Phuck Egypt... so pretty much, your getting a 400 dollar box, brand new for a 100 bucks... if you dont grab this... your retarded

and just incase anyone is wondering what i might possibly be going to that will still meet my needs as a bass head AND a soon to be father... this is the idea i am leaning toward... eleven 8's sealed, even with the top of the seats... so far from the rough math i have done, it will be about 6.05 cubes. rear firing. and it will only be 10 inches from the seats, rather than 32 inches. i also wont need the battery bank, so i will be saving ALOT of space, and it should still move a pretty decent amount of air. if you look at the sketch, the black ones with be inverted and the dark grey will be run in standard format.View attachment 26504580

Congrats on the new addition nineball. I remember when BJ was trying to build both of our enclosures at the same time. I believe he hated us there for a few weeks, lol. Good luck on the sale.

Free bump for a great guy and a piece of enclosure art.

Congrats on the new addition nineball. I remember when BJ was trying to build both of our enclosures at the same time. I believe he hated us there for a few weeks, lol. Good luck on the sale.
Free bump for a great guy and a piece of enclosure art.
thanks drag... yeah i am pretty excited about it. i started a thread in the enclosure section for the new one.

BJ says the new one although slightly complicated, should still be way easier than the last one.

hey man just lookn for an honost opinion. how would 2 mtx 9500 sound in that bad ass thing
honestly for that sub, the tuning is a tad on the high side, you would have to be putting it in a BIG vehicle (tahoe, suburban, excursion, escalade esv... all these vehicle give the overall tuning a smoother response in the sub 40Hz range when the box is tuned at 40Hz.)

So in short... if all you want is for it to get loud, it will beat your eardrums in.. but if you are more focused on sonic quality, 9500's in this box may not be your best bet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.