The Doppler Effect and sound?

If it isnt a wave you arent going to be able to change its frequincy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You can ignore it for almost any car audio application. The only real issue I have ever had with it was in trying to make high excursion full range drivers... and even at that it was a minimal issue given the path lengths to the listening position. Lots of other areas that need attention in a speaker to reduce distortion than that one.

But very interesting none the less...

In one of Dan's white papers before he went crazy he addressed dopler distortion in high excursion full ranges, and he said any effects on actual music where undetectable to the human ear, only when playing two tones on top of one another did it make any "difference."

Oh, obviously. If it is a single tone... not gonna change much of anything... Im sure you could set up an experiment to measure it, but it would never amount to anything that makes a difference audibly. But music is tones stacked on one another and it is much more measureable at that point... but still VERY far down the line when it comes to problems you need to address in making low distortion speakers. Dozens of things that make more of a difference before that point...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.