the big b1tch has arrived!

IIRC it was around 6-700. and again, 166 at 51, clearly this was solely for SPL, not music orientation.

im tempting to play with my cars extremely high peek at 60hz... but id have to build a daily and SPL box then.

Cool stuff; those things are beast -- Re-coning them isn't super hard except for gluing the HUUUUUGE surround surface area down! You can use clamps and some power cable to get even pressure on it. I am not 100% sure that a gasket is available for them at all... I haven't seen one that I can recall.

recones are 230.00, and i shouldnt blow it lol i got my dd1 and will probably be puttin close to 5k to it
That's rough. Won't want to do that after every show. You will burn up that coil on 5KW pretty quick if you're not careful. I suspect you'll smell it before 1 song is over.

except for gluing the HUUUUUGE surround surface area down!
My thoughts exactly.

From the SSA site (emphasis added):

-Dual .7 and Dual 1.4 Standard or Other Custom Options Available -Black Cast Basket

-3" 8 layer FlatAluminum Voice Coil

-Black Progressive Spiders with Woven Tinsels - Suspension Options Available

-Non-pressed Kraft Fiber Reinforced Cone Double Layer Foam Surround

-130 Oz Neo Column Magnets with Black Finish

-Interlocking Aluminum Spider Spacer Assemble

-CILD - Center Interlocking Dustcap Design for Easy Field Recones

-ADC - Air Driven Cooling - Six Column Vents for Max Motor Cooling

-Silver Push Terminals

-Wrap Around Rubber Gasket

-2500 Watt RMS Rated

That's rough. Won't want to do that after every show. You will burn up that coil on 5KW pretty quick if you're not careful. I suspect you'll smell it before 1 song is over.

My thoughts exactly.

From the SSA site (emphasis added):
they dont make the rubber gasket for the 21. i phoned IA and asked. and i dont know if i should be saying this giving everyone ideas but when i talked to nick at ia he said what they do for there rated power is usually divided in half buy what they can actually take.

2 12's = one 24" sub. FYI
take your fail and GTFO

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Yes really. I use one. When you set the gain your voltage is up, if you drop the amp will clip. The more you drop the more it clips.
bro i was being sarcastic

You never know around here
ya i will be getting a singer 275 amp alt, with 2 big batts in the back, so shouldnt have much voltage drop when everything is upgraded. but my stock 136 amp alt and stock bat (900cca) work pretty well for my dc 2k. i have very minimal drop at idel and none when driving.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.