How would 4 12 inch Dcons sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

VDUBKG
10+ year member

Running off 500wattsx2 bridged @ 4ohms rear channels of a crescendo1000c4. All stock electrical system 1999 volkswagen passat (I might get the big 3 upgrade if necessary). Would these subs have trouble reaching their potentional with only 500 watts split between them?

And would this be possible and if so how would I wire these, sorry I'm pretty new to car audio

So two of them bridged off 500x2 watts would work better? I say this because I already have the front channels of the amp powering my front stage comps

What kind of box could I fit in a 42.5 inch across 20 inch high 32 from back of seat to end of trunk. I'm looking to get 4 12 inch dcons in there but i can settle for 3 or 2 if i really have too

I'd just do 3 personally, but if you want 4, go at it. Also, def do the big 3 and MAYBE a 2nd small battery in the back. That amp is an A/B and running 500+ rms off an A/B will prob drop voltage a decent amount on those lower notes.

Would be a sick system though.

You could also do a single Gcon 15 or 18?

I'd just do 3 personally, but if you want 4, go at it. Also, def do the big 3 and MAYBE a 2nd small battery in the back. That amp is an A/B and running 500+ rms off an A/B will prob drop voltage a decent amount on those lower notes.Would be a sick system though.

You could also do a single Gcon 15 or 18?

Would a Gcon be ok running off only 500 watts tho cuz its rated at 750 and would a single gcon hit harder than multiple dcons?

yeah, there is no problem under powering a sub. It will still slam and there isnt much difference between 500-700rms in terms of what you will hear.

I'd just rather get one sub compared to 3, any not many people yet are running gcons so it'll be kinda different. More cone area with 3 12's but for a daily driver, a 15 or even an 18 will be plenty, plus it leaves you room to expand with more power, you can always get a new mono amp and then if you upgrade to something like an icon or xcon the same box should be pretty decent for it if you decide to not build a new enclosure.

also, one gcon will be cheaper than 3 dcons, especially with shipping. And you can put that extra money into the big 3 and then some.

yeah, there is no problem under powering a sub. It will still slam and there isnt much difference between 500-700rms in terms of what you will hear.I'd just rather get one sub compared to 3, any not many people yet are running gcons so it'll be kinda different. More cone area with 3 12's but for a daily driver, a 15 or even an 18 will be plenty, plus it leaves you room to expand with more power, you can always get a new mono amp and then if you upgrade to something like an icon or xcon the same box should be pretty decent for it if you decide to not build a new enclosure.

also, one gcon will be cheaper than 3 dcons, especially with shipping. And you can put that extra money into the big 3 and then some.

In the spirit of saving cash and just reusing my dcons box how do you think a 12 inch gcon would do at 500 watts? Do you think the upgrade in subs is even worth the cash?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.