The BIG 3 Should You Fuse?

Did you get a 0 gauge fuse holder from Gp Audio? They have 1/0 & 2/0 fuse holder which comes with your selection of fuse for around $9 I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nah didn't get 1 yet.. really wanted to get the wire and lay in out to see where i'd put it 1st..

nah didn't get 1 yet.. really wanted to get the wire and lay in out to see where i'd put it 1st..
I actually haven’t bought them yet either I have 2 saved in my cart but probly just Buy them as they the cheapest I’ve found with fuse included. Plus design looks decent.

Speaking of fuses, if my vehicle’s stock positive wire from alternator To positive battery is fused through the big fuse box, so I just leave that alone?

Speaking of fuses, if my vehicle’s stock positive wire from alternator To positive battery is fused through the big fuse box, so I just leave that alone?

i would leave all factory wires alone..

I have never fused the BIG 3/6..as well as several other Big 3 installs on any of vehicles i have owned and own today.Such a short run It never seemed to matter to me.Supply wiring has always been my main concern to Be Fused . I did the Big 3 in one of out Co. trucks with stock electrical and HU ect..Voltage stays maintained at 14.6 even with all lights and A/C full bast.. may drop a tenth at most

I have never fused the BIG 3/6..as well as several other Big 3 installs on any of vehicles i have owned and own today.Such a short run It never seemed to matter to me.Supply wiring has always been my main concern to Be Fused . I did the Big 3 in one of out Co. trucks with stock electrical and HU ect..Voltage stays maintained at 14.6 even with all lights and A/C full bast.. may drop a tenth at most
never used fuse on 3 ft power from alt huh? wish i could not fuse but i got to, can't risk it.. u think grounding alt bracket to strut bolt and then on same bolt out to battery (just 1 ground wire to batt)would work for motor and body ground? my - battery terminal is in a tight spot and i can't even use factory batt ground cause can't get ring terminal to mount flat there unless i bend it (which i would do if i have table vise)

I don't, neither does the factory.
That is what I would say if factory has fuse use fuse if no fuse dont use one. That is about the only run from battery you should not fuse. If by chance something causes the fuse to fail not from a fault or something you are left stranded due to no charging of battery.

never used fuse on 3 ft power from alt huh? wish i could not fuse but i got to, can't risk it.. u think grounding alt bracket to strut bolt and then on same bolt out to battery (just 1 ground wire to batt)would work for motor and body ground? my - battery terminal is in a tight spot and i can't even use factory batt ground cause can't get ring terminal to mount flat there unless i bend it (which i would do if i have table vise)
That will work for a decent body ground.Still will need that ground from Battery to the Block(this is a solid ground and will really stop any annoying noise/engine noise/ whines

That will work for a decent body ground.Still will need that ground from Battery to the Block(this is a solid ground and will really stop any annoying noise/engine noise/ whines
idk if i can get to block other than alt bracket.. battery is on other side of supercharger belts/pulleys,, battery is right in front of black fuse box u see https://imgur.com/6POq1D4 all those belts are between it and motor and not sure what blot i could use on motor that's close..

I've seen multiple threads on the internet and there is a lot of debate some people do others don't. I was planning on fusing my batt positive to alt positive 12 inches from my battery with a 300ANL fuse. I also went to a car audio shop and talked to a installer that said I should not fuse my battery and alt pos wire? So now I'm really confused on what I should do, what do most of you guys do when you do the big 3 fuse or no fuse?
Ask your car audio dealer if he's a certified electrician.

You should fuse all current carrying conductors. That being said I personally don't.

That is what I would say if factory has fuse use fuse if no fuse dont use one. That is about the only run from battery you should not fuse. If by chance something causes the fuse to fail not from a fault or something you are left stranded due to no charging of battery.
OR worse shorting you alternator out.. or sending the electrical system 30 volts.. there is more reason to fuse than not to. It's not likey your going to blow a 300amp fuse even on a 300 amp alt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.