is this db ok?

today i went to a car meet and there was a spl comp with term lad etc etc, real deal, and i got the chance to test my car (renault laguna grandtour) so its kind of a big car in terms of sound, at least to my gear... so i went there with my daylie set up , didn't chance anything, and e got 139.8 DB, is this good for my set up?

HU - pioneer avh-x8800bt

door speakers - 4 phonix gold 125 rms 5"

speakers amp - mosconi as 100.4

subs - 2 12" pioneer ts-w308d2 400rms/1400max each (800rms/2600max total)

sub amp - crossfire vr1000

box - dual chamber (2cf each chamber), 2 4" aero ported tuned to around 33hz if i remenber correctly, box made by me for music not spl.

remeber daylie set up didn't even toch the gain or EQ i tested has i run it day to day

today i went to a car meet and there was a spl comp with term lad etc etc, real deal, and i got the chance to test my car (renault laguna grandtour) so its kind of a big car in terms of sound, at least to my gear... so i went there with my daylie set up , didn't chance anything, and e got 139.8 DB, is this good for my set up?
HU - pioneer avh-x8800bt

door speakers - 4 phonix gold 125 rms 5"

speakers amp - mosconi as 100.4

subs - 2 12" pioneer ts-w308d2 400rms/1400max each (800rms/2600max total)

sub amp - crossfire vr1000

box - dual chamber (2cf each chamber), 2 4" aero ported tuned to around 33hz if i remenber correctly, box made by me for music not spl.

remeber daylie set up didn't even toch the gain or EQ i tested has i run it day to day
yeah thats pretty good with power and subs and low tuning u have..

pertty happy then :p

and i forgot to say stock alt, 100 amps bat, no caps and only dropped to 13.8v

yesterday i try to quick find the resonant freq of my car and came out ir 46/47hz , just use a spl app on my fone put a low vol so i can check for db diference before the app/phome mic hits the limit (max 93db) and got the signal generator and check each freq gave me move spl at the same vol...below 46 start to lose 1 db then 2db and so on so on, over the 47hz the same, 46 and 47 the exact same db

pertty happy then :p
and i forgot to say stock alt, 100 amps bat, no caps and only dropped to 13.8v

yesterday i try to quick find the resonant freq of my car and came out ir 46/47hz , just use a spl app on my fone put a low vol so i can check for db diference before the app/phome mic hits the limit (max 93db) and got the signal generator and check each freq gave me move spl at the same vol...below 46 start to lose 1 db then 2db and so on so on, over the 47hz the same, 46 and 47 the exact same db
yeah i'm sure that louder than mine by 2db but i never metered it.. if your box was tuned at like 40hz u would be at 142 or so easy, it just won't sound as good..

yeah i'm sure that louder than mine by 2db but i never metered it.. if your box was tuned at like 40hz u would be at 142 or so easy, it just won't sound as good..
the test was just for kick, just out of curiosity to see how it was, cuz it realy has some kick, dammm even hurt's the hear´s if put some "decaf" mp3 or some other songs, but has you say with the low tune sounds realy good, and can play every kind of song even rock sonds good

U say some of the dumbest shlt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Nice score for daily
thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif i´m asking cuz a realy dont have a clue if its good or not, i dont want to brag about ot or something like that, a daily 2 12" 400rms each doing 139.8db on a big a$$ waggon

Last edited by a moderator:
U say some of the dumbest shlt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
what he be louder tuned higher? just letting him know it would be even louder on his budget system but he's tuned low..

You have no clue if it will be louder. He could very well not be louder. Da fvck higher tune means louder... shlt I guess I’ll go make my port shorter and gain 2-3db lmao noobs

Since you never metered yours, you cannot just throw random numbers and say ya mines 5 db louder than yours just because I'm tuned higher than that person. Your just guessing.

Wtf are you gonna learn to quit posting stupid **** and spreading misinformation???

thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif i´m asking cuz a realy dont have a clue if its good or not, i dont want to brag about ot or something like that, a daily 2 12" 400rms each doing 139.8db on a big a$$ waggon

It's OK. I don't know about that particular car but the Volvo wagons are very friendly for SPL. Your peak @ 48hz could be about right but I don't think the microphone of your phone is going to really work well for low frequency, so you would really want to test with a true pressure sensor if you cared.

I think 143-145 should be your target if you were looking to have a really good number out of that gear/car. Post pictures of your build and you may get some decent advice.

Heres the thing.. Are YOU happy with how loud you are atm?? If so, walk away and retain happiness regardless of numbers lol. Otherwise, there is a bug that might bite you, and the only relief is a higher number.. Gotta be the LOUDER..

Long story short, youll attend more and more car shows, buy 4 Sundown zv5 subs, 2 4k amps wired at .5 ohm, tons of batteries/ capacitors/ HO alt, and wall it off b pillar. cost?? maybe 6-8K lol

Wait, i think thats a dream i had??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

-------

-------
Portugal (europe)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
wew lad