The best 2012 models: Alpine INE-Z928HD 8" Nav Vs. Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH 7" Nav

GT86

CA
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. My final selection are either one of these 2 units for my new sport car 2013 GT86/FRS ( the stock unit is pioneer). I like both so far but I'm not sure which one would work best with my current android phone samsung galaxy S2 & S3. The 928 has nice big 8" nav, but how is the the alpine GUI, Nav, SQ compare to 140. Which one has better color screen display? I have not seen one in person except online youtube review. I'm in socal try to find a store for installation soon. For amps and speakers, I will try to utilize old stuffs from my retired prelude. Thanks in advance for inputs !

Last edited by a moderator:
i can prolly give a better deal on the units than any shop will .then you just need to have it installed ,might be able to get that done for you too

Does the Alpine has crossover built in for ACTIVE use?
Good question. I will get home to download the manual of both units for more details, but I don't recall any online reviewer say anything about crossover features except for those EQ setting. My old single din unit in 2005 alpine 9835 has x-over. I doubt these 2din Nav has x-over.

I assume you cant do a direct swap between a 7 inch unit huh......in other words, is this unit just a screen size increase or the whole unit got bigger?

i can prolly give a better deal on the units than any shop will .then you just need to have it installed ,might be able to get that done for you too
Pm me your prices for these 2 units. Thx.

FOUND THIS ABOUT THE ALPINE REGARDING ITS "ACTIVE" CAPABILITIES. Seems like its active capable.

Here is the link also:

Alpine INE-Z928HD Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: This unit is equipped with active high-pass and low-pass crossovers which limit the frequencies delivered to the speaker and line-level outputs. Each speaker channel is controlled independently, so each speaker pair can be driven by the frequencies for which have they been optimally designed. The crossover adjusts the HFP (high pass filter) or LPF (low pass filter) frequency point of each speaker pair, and also the slope (how fast the filter rolls off the highs or lows).

High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front/rear-channel preamp outputs. You can set the unit's high-pass filter center frequency point to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.

Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.

That 928 has an extra 1" overhang screen sticking out along the bottom side. It has same 2D slot size for std installation.

Last edited by a moderator:
FOUND THIS ABOUT THE ALPINE REGARDING ITS "ACTIVE" CAPABILITIES. Seems like its active capable.
Here is the link also:

Alpine INE-Z928HD Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: This unit is equipped with active high-pass and low-pass crossovers which limit the frequencies delivered to the speaker and line-level outputs. Each speaker channel is controlled independently, so each speaker pair can be driven by the frequencies for which have they been optimally designed. The crossover adjusts the HFP (high pass filter) or LPF (low pass filter) frequency point of each speaker pair, and also the slope (how fast the filter rolls off the highs or lows).

High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front/rear-channel preamp outputs. You can set the unit's high-pass filter center frequency point to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.

Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
Would deff need more frequencies to go full active. No tweet will Xover at 200 (or VERY FEW)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.