New here and have a few questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

shackles
10+ year member

Hi.Happy to be part of this forum.

Audio has always been my interest and I used to build home audio speaker systems and crossovers from scratch as my hobby.

Here's the setup I just did in my '05 Sierra crew cab. I wanted to keep it budget friendly, maximum space saving and still sound decent and it does. It's a JVC R800BT HU with a Scosche chime/data interface, a JBL GTO-3501 360W mono amp driving a 10" Kicker CompVT in an enclosure small enough to fit behind the rear seat.

My question is on the JVC R800BT HU the instructions aren't specific to the effects of the 60HZ, 80HZ, 100HZ or the Q1.0, Q1.25 Q1.5 settings in the "Pro EQ" menu of this HU. Is it a low pass filter and to compensate for different driver Q's?

And what is the goofy little spider web/target display in the upper right corner. Is it just annoying eye candy.

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The "Q" setting and frequency is for a parametric EQ. It only has three bands though (bass, mid, and treb.) Set the center frequency of the band, then the "Q" is the bandwidth, then there is a level adjustment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.