the BEST 1000 watt amp??

Participant count
  • Participant list
If I were you I would buy a quality Class D or High Current amp. There are so many out there that it would be impossible but a couple that come to mind are crossfire BMF 1000d, orion HC amps are great, Phoenix gold or if you have the money OZ audio makes a 2400 watt but it is 2000 dollars. I would say the Crossfie would be one of the best for the money. You can get them for around 400 and they are usually under rated by about 150-400 watts so you'll get your 1000 watts plus some. Also you can get another and link them together at a later time. Exterme quality. Good luck

Originally posted by 97grandcherokee Well guys im looking for an amp that will push a clean 1000 watts. I am eventually wanting to get (2) 13w7's...But i want to find the correct amp to push them. Anyone with experience tell me please. Thank you!
If you want a good 1000Watt amp definately do not be fooled by the sonys. They love to over rate all of there equiptment. Stick with big names, brand names in electronics is not at all like clothing labels. The big companies that have been around a while are usually sucessful for a reason. I have always had very good experiance with the Rockford Fosgate amplifiers, unlike sony they rate their equiptment very conservatively. If you read a Rockford amp as pushing 1000 watts, it will actually push a little more. Make sure you pay special attention to the RMS rating and look for a very low THD rating and make sure you match up the ohms for the speakers with the amps. The lower the ohm rating which the amp is stable at the better. Also look at the MTX amplifiers, they are right up there with the fosgate and remember that you usually get what you pay for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.