The benefit of # of subs 4,3,2?

LeX
10+ year member

Nissan by Nature
Atlanta, GA
Right now i have an elemental designs e12o, i am thinking of doing a multiple Image DYnamics IDQ setup because i really like their subs.

What would be the difference running 2 IDQs as compared to running more, as in 3 or 4 subs?

Is it worth the difference having more subs (if i can get them cheap)

also is there any way to run 3 DVC 4ohm subs at less than 2.6667ohms, or 4 of them at less than 2ohms (i know i can do them in 2 pairs, but how else? and with the 3?

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

-Alex

Upsides to More Subs:

More cone area

Better Appearance (some people's point of view)

Downsides:

more power needed

more expensive

takes up more room

usually have to go sealed unless you have a SUV or van

more difficult to make a nice even install

as you can probably see, im more biased towards fewer subs and larger ported enclosures

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.