The $150 SPL Challenge

I might just run 1 12'' sub and a 500w amp i got sitting around. Its been hard finding subs for $30.My amp $120 and im not going to buy a new one for this. If anybody finds a deal on 1or 2 subs for $30 let me know

I might just run 1 12'' sub and a 500w amp i got sitting around. Its been hard finding subs for $30.My amp $120 and im not going to buy a new one for this. If anybody finds a deal on 1or 2 subs for $30 let me know
hifonics hifi subs are popular and cheap for this.

What amp do you have?

Also, for all of us buying big, crappy amps, everybody should post up gut shots so we can see how pathetic these "4000 watt" amps really are. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

The Audiopipe APSM1300 seems like a good choice, even if it eats 2/3 of the budget. 1000 watts @ 1 ohm (might do rated). Has anybody found a good sub setup that could match that?

A pair of HFi12d4 go $2 overbudget ... and they'd probably hold the power for a few burps.

Four Legacy LWF8X will stay underbudget, but I doubt they'll hold together with double rated power.

Suggestions?

i dont see why not? As long as someone else could buy it for that price. I shouldnt of shared, but i am such a nice guy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I appreciate the link. I've been a competitor long enough to know that the rules are the rules... work within them. But with the link I provided above, you can stuff 16 12" subs in a clamshell and burp on a cheesy amp that will give them 20 watts each. That makes it a $600 challenge and totally defeats the purpose of the competition.

I appreciate the link. I've been a competitor long enough to know that the rules are the rules... work within them. But with the link I provided above, you can stuff 16 12" subs in a clamshell and burp on a cheesy amp that will give them 20 watts each. That makes it a $600 challenge and totally defeats the purpose of the competition.
lol...yeah. Tis a lota work stuffing 16 of em in a shell, lolz.

I'm gonna kill this challenge!! RF Power 15 and a RF 801s total price $140 from teh pawn shop! LOL.
wow, another one who doesnt read rules...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.