The $150 SPL Challenge

This sounds fun. I know I dont post here, but being on a limited budget this may just be the ticket for my first comp of any kind. Also one other thing. Pro-Rabbit would it be within the spirit of the comp to PM you the equipment prices, etc. so that if someone comes up with a hot combo everyone wouldn't just copy it, or is that part of the spirit of the comp to let everyone know what you will be building ?
One more thing, I have a 93 hatchback mustang, so anything behind the back seat, but not higher than the top of the seat, or could you make the box as tall as you want ?
man, just post up what you buy. its not that big of a deal. sheesh

I adjusted the rules a bit in the sticky.

As for posting what you have. You can post when ever you want. However, it must be posted when you submit your video so I can validate the equipment used.

Can you change the rules about using only the termlab to get scores? People can use SPL-Lab meters too. Also, I hope we can all be fair about this and not have any cheating involved because I know people can change K values in the meters to change their scores.

Can you change the rules about using only the termlab to get scores? People can use SPL-Lab meters too. Also, I hope we can all be fair about this and not have any cheating involved because I know people can change K values in the meters to change their scores.
All though I agree that the spl-lab is accurate, I don't see where using different meters will keep anything fair. Considering that, I would say there are more termlabs out there then spl-lab.

Im not saying using different meters will keep it fair. just gives more resources for people to get metered and do testing. when I say keep things fair, I mean people shouldn't cheat and change the k values on the termlabs.

Im not saying using different meters will keep it fair. just gives more resources for people to get metered and do testing. when I say keep things fair, I mean people shouldn't cheat and change the k values on the termlabs.
Using different meters is not being fair though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

That is like saying I held a USACi show today and used a termlab. I drove several hours to do another show and used the spl-lab at that show. That would raise an amazing amount of complaints from all sides.

In order to keep things respectable there has to be a form of unity. Offering to use two different meters will spill over to other meters and complaints later on.

I think it will be a blast for everyone involved. I'm sure once a few runs on video are posted/leaked it will catch on quick.

I need to make some calls and see what kind of swag I can get my hands on for top place finishers this year.

Using different meters is not being fair though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
That is like saying I held a USACi show today and used a termlab. I drove several hours to do another show and used the spl-lab at that show. That would raise an amazing amount of complaints from all sides.

In order to keep things respectable there has to be a form of unity. Offering to use two different meters will spill over to other meters and complaints later on.

Its not like the SPL-Lab meter is an AC meter. Its just as accurate as the termlab. It would be like driving to a different place to use a different termlab.

And its funny that you use that example. If you only knew. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Its not like the SPL-Lab meter is an AC meter. Its just as accurate as the termlab. It would be like driving to a different place to use a different termlab.
And its funny that you use that example. If you only knew. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I actually do know.

The answer is still no. The idea behind two meters being used is simply not an option.

Boo! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I guess I'll test with my meter and then have to get someone else to let me record on their meter. Pretty lame.

PM me what you know. lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.