The $150 SPL Challenge

Obviously you've never worked on a regular cab S-10.
Absolutely no way I'll be able to fit anything of any significance in that space. Following db drag, MECA, and USACi rules, regular cab trucks are allowed to fit anything behind the seats as long as they lock in place.

I'm unable to decipher how you differentiated between the door jamb and the b-pillar. Technically they are the same thing. Perhaps a picture would help.
I have worked on many and had great scores by only losing 1 click on the seat setting(but I was 6" subs firing down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ) Let me think about it for sec....I know how dbdrag/usaci rules go...I would imagine we will just wind up going by that(basically standard rules).

I am in!!!

So when can we get started? Can we get a official post or maybe a section to put all this with a sticky for rules would be nice easier to search

Already have a sticky thread with rules. start when ever you wish. I will he amending the teg cab truck rulings and perhaps a hatch, trunk, and truck class.

So I am not used to usaci or dbdrag rules but where is the mic placed and outlawed is just with a door or window open right?
DB Drag is 12" from the a-pillar and 6" up, on the passenger side of the windshield.

Outlaw is basically wherever you want the sensor in front of the b-pillar, doors and windows can be open. Most guys put it down in the kick panel.

This sounds fun. I know I dont post here, but being on a limited budget this may just be the ticket for my first comp of any kind. Also one other thing. Pro-Rabbit would it be within the spirit of the comp to PM you the equipment prices, etc. so that if someone comes up with a hot combo everyone wouldn't just copy it, or is that part of the spirit of the comp to let everyone know what you will be building ?

One more thing, I have a 93 hatchback mustang, so anything behind the back seat, but not higher than the top of the seat, or could you make the box as tall as you want ?

someone would just ask a ebayer to sell equipment for $.01 and bump up the shipping...
That would obviously be cheating. It's a silly $150 challenge. Do any of ya'll really feel the need to cheat the most basic of rules?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.