The $150 SPL Challenge

you should also make it a rule that the equipment has to survive the test for the score to be counted.just to make it more interesting.

i have seen some 18 inch home theater subs that would be perfect for this.loads of cone area,high sensitivity and cheap.

I can help locate TLs in any area you need help with. Elevations and temps will not affect the numbers enough to worry about. This is more of a never ending situation. No matter how loud you can get some one out there will be louder sooner or later.
you coming or judging any of the tulsa usacis his year or slamily reunion in ft smith?

you coming or judging any of the tulsa usacis his year or slamily reunion in ft smith?
Not sure yet, as soon as I find out I will let you know. I do know if you know anyone in the area that wants/needs shows tell em to give me a call. I'm doing discounted rates all season this season.

I like the idea that the product must survive the testing. All though some video of failures would be just as exciting.

Needs lots of regulation, one of the rules being that the equipment has to be brand new. I could give my sub to a friend, have him throw it on ebay for $1, then buy it immediately. Buying new would be the only way to truly prevent this from happening.

Another regulation should be the externalities, as far as extra batteries, alts, wiring, etc. Someone could buy $150 worth of subs and amps, and then spend $2000 on the extra stuff...an advantage that ruins the whole point of the challenge. I think enclosures should be limited in thickness (3/4" should be sufficient for a sub/subs that cost less than $150), and possibly bracing. Otherwise, enclosures should be unregulated.

If all that would be implemented, I'm all for it! I had been considering doing this for a while anyways.

wiring isn't going to help much, we should do numbers with the car on and with just that little amount of power, no one should have to rely on high output alt or big batteries. and I agree with using new products only.

I say something like this for the rules...

-$150 for sub(s) and amp(s)

-Sub and amp MUST be bought new

-3/4 enclosure, anything else in the enclosure is fair game

-Measured sealed up

-Participants must sign up and purchase equipment before the 1 month build time limit

-Each participant must post pictures of equipment bought with receipt before build

-No changing of equipment halfway through build, what you post before build starts, is what you use

-1 month for testing and final build

May the best CRX win! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Seriously though, hatchbacks just aren't fair in this case. I've seen three cheapo Powerbass 10's($30 each) do a 148.X off of a mid-sized 4 channel amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

May the best CRX win! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Seriously though, hatchbacks just aren't fair in this case. I've seen three cheapo Powerbass 10's($30 each) do a 148.X off of a mid-sized 4 channel amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
yea, they do have a bit of an advantage but only for the owners who know how to take advantage of that. I am contemplating some rules..I will get a post up soon with some rules/guidelines.

Those rules are good.
I think everything needs to stay within the "cargo" area only.
well, im thinking anything goes inside the vehicle from like b pillar back

yeah, crx's have an advantage. So does any hatchback...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.