The $150 SPL Challenge

I think that would limit a bit to much of the "freedom" of choice for something like this. Now in another challenge I would be down for that as well, but separate from this idea though.

Any other rules besides $150?
Any enclosure? Any amount of cone?

Who's gonna be the smart@$$ and buy up all the $17 woofers? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I would think just $150 in general would do it. If you want to run a wall of $17 subs go for it LOL. That is a lot of work for a $150 challenge though haha.

i got TL if anyone around here needs to meter
That should be a sticky...A thread with anyone who owns a TL that is willing to allow others to use it...weather it is just nicely offered or if payment is required.

BTW-I also have a TL(if everyone didn't already know)

Hmmm.... vminnovations.com is having a daily steal deal for 2- HIFONICS HFi12D4 12s for 34.99 and if you minus the 10% for using the VMSAVE10 coupon that's $31.49 shipped for the pair.... might be a good start

Im thinking everyone has the same equipment, BUT! everyone must build their own box. no shops involved. but finding a brand new sub and amp for 150? highly unlikely

Im thinking everyone has the same equipment, BUT! everyone must build their own box. no shops involved. but finding a brand new sub and amp for 150? highly unlikely
Not as hard as you may think actually.

I would say no super special sales though. All though there is 9 hours left in the sale for the stupid cheap hifi subs and i did buy 4(two separate orders to separate addressees lol)... I would think an normally daily price is best.

Gotta realize that we don't live anywhere close to each other, not to mention the problem with mics in different temperatures and altitudes.

How about a "who can bounce a quarter the highest off of the roof of your car with bass" contest? Much easier to measure that.

Gotta realize that we don't live anywhere close to each other, not to mention the problem with mics in different temperatures and altitudes.

How about a "who can bounce a quarter the highest off of the roof of your car with bass" contest? Much easier to measure that.
t these low nubers it will not make much of a difference at all. maybe .2-.3 as far as weather goes.. i dont know about mics

ya it should be a stocky. good idea. i dont charge if they just want to see a number but if they want to do some testing i usually just tell em 10 bucks and well test till my laptop goes dead.. lol

I can help locate TLs in any area you need help with. Elevations and temps will not affect the numbers enough to worry about. This is more of a never ending situation. No matter how loud you can get some one out there will be louder sooner or later.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.