Thanks CA.com

powerstroker
10+ year member

NE Texas
I started posting here a few months ago, looking for some advice and to buy some equipment. I got a lot of good input and there were a few guys that helped me out with all of my rookie questions that kept their PM boxes full.

I ended up buying 4 E8's from woofercooker and a nice 1, 000 watt class D amp from BLD 25. I couldn't be happier with the setup. I will post pics later and the front stage will be the next project.

Sealed box that I built to 1.25 cubes total. (Jacob Fuller and woofercooker both recommended 1.25 for all 4).

They are behind the back seat of a Ford 3/4 ton crew cab. I was gonna go with a Sundown 1000d, but I have other hobbies and didn't want to un-ass that much money. I ended up buying this amp from BLD 25 http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422859

I am really amazed with how loud and clear the subs are. I was never much for Lightning Audio either, but this amp has changed my mind (at least about the Storm lineup).

great noob set-up. =]
Thanks, I think so too. I tried to heed advice from the forum and run quality equipment (those E8's are some nice little subs). I may upgrade the amp later, but I really don't know how much I would gain (the Storm does really well on them). I had a Cadence A7-HC back in the day, and if I run across one for a good price I may snatch it up.

Despite the fact folks are calling it a 'noob' setup, what you have would probably blow away half the systems kids have bought from the big box stores...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.