Testing radio amp power/frequency bandwidth??

Participant count
  • Participant list

HoundmanV

philly
I have a Subaru that the rear ch's of the stock radio seem to be lacking full range, and trying to figure how to test and find out? I added a 8" DVC woofer to the rear of the station wagon, and it sounds no better than the 4" rear door panel speakers that are in the car that I disconnected. I took one of the 6x9"ers I have in another car which sound great, and that sounds the same as the other 2. The 8'er has a range of 33-4K hz, so expected more bass, and some highs I don't hear, and the 6x9" is pretty full range. I have heard some people say that the rear ch is just for fill.

I have a CD test record, and thinking I should be able to put a volt meter on the outputs, and see what it reads, to see if the power output is the same across the band.

I'm not after thunderous bass, so don't want to upgrade the radio. The front speaker in the door panels, 5 1/4" plus tweeters aren't bad, but wanted to tweak it a bit, add more bass, and have full range in the rear if I wanted, by adding tweeters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

HoundmanV

HoundmanV
philly
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
HoundmanV